Senior Software Engineer, Transfer Experience (Contract)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Transfer Experience team for our checking and savings accounts. SoFi Checking and Savings offers high interest rates, 2-day early paycheck, overdraft coverage and more, all with no account fees.
On the Transfer Experience team, you will be responsible for one of the most critical features of any account - the ability to move your money. The team is full-stack, focusing on building an easy-to-use frontend experience powered by a powerful, scalable backend to ensure all types of transfers are executed reliably.
As a senior engineer, you’ll be in the middle of it all – you’ll work with stakeholders to implement functionality, architect our system, squash bugs, and continually grow as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
What you’ll do:
- Use Java, Kotlin and Postgres to build performant and scalable backend applications in a cloud-based microservice architecture
- Participate in shaping the technical architecture of the product
- Help translate product requirements into user stories and technical solutions
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from a variety of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience working with modern technologies on a full-stack team
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming best practices
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Strong communication and technical leadership skills
- Desire to mentor and help others improve their skills
Nice to have:
- Proven track record of building highly-scalable REST APIs
- Experience with workflow orchestration systems, such as Temporal.io
- Prior experience deploying applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD pipelines (gradle, git, automated testing and deployments)
- History of working with a cloud-based microservice architecture and distributed service communications
Note: Due to the temporary nature of the engagement, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.