Director, Fraud Operations Analytics & Reporting
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
About the Role
SoFi’s Fraud Prevention Center of Excellence team has responsibility for ensuring responsible growth in lending, banking, investing and other member related activities are consistent with the company’s risk
appetite. The team holistically manages enterprise fraud threats and ensures strong compliance with regulations, acts as a first line of defense in oversight of business operations,
and works to ensure fraud prevention risk policies factors a member-first experience.
Director of Fraud Operations Analytics & Reporting is responsible for driving intelligence through Operational analytics to drive Fraud Operations efficiency, efficacy, and control. The role will be
tasked to manage a team of onshore and offshore analytics professionals to drive Fraud Operation excellence through process analytics, RPA, and reporting. You will partner with different Fraud Operations teams to understand processes, develop management reporting, drive team accountability, and identify process opportunities to increase automation, balance efficiency and capacity and drive independent controls. Director of Fraud Operations Analytics & Reporting reports directly to the Senior Director of Ecosystem Fraud Prevention Analytics & Reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Leverage data to gain insights to drive operations efficiency, accountability, and effectiveness.
2. Identify and drive automation in various Fraud Operations processes.
3. Partner with Work Force Management to drive effective challenge on assumptions and forecasting methodology.
4. Lead ad hoc Operational projects such as RPA, incident analytical support, or process change analytics.
5. Owner of wing-to-wing Fraud Operations reporting from development to maintenance.
6. Iterate and drive Fraud Operations key performance indicators and SLAs.
7. Manage a team of analysis to ensure flawless execution in Fraud Operations analytics.
8. Support the development of new processes and new product launch by identifying business requirements from Fraud Operations analytics point of view.
9. Lead and champion for all cross-functional discussions related to Fraud Operations analytics.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services for the better. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of
an industry leading leadership team.
● Teamwork is Job 1… daily critical collaboration is necessary with Fraud Operations, Fraud Prevention Policy, Fraud Platform, other Risk functions, and Engineering Product Design. The collaboration ensures transparency in data source, knowledge sharing and clear communications to execute concisely.
● Members are our Passion… ensure our SoFi members are protected from fraud at every touchpoint but also equally provide timely service. Leverage analytics to understand Member complaints and partner with Fraud Operations to deliver best experience while balancing fraud threats and deliver timely services.
● Innovate… we need you to bring your brightest ideas to build best-in-class fraud operations process across SoFi’s wide suite of products.
● Data Driven… Lead the discussion on change management using data to drive the change. Collaborate with workforce management, Fraud Operations, PMO, and Risk Infrastructure to help architect the future of fraud operations with analytically based
assessment and deployment capabilities to driven efficiency, right staffing, and agent level accountability.
● Challenge Status Quo… constantly evaluate and identify opportunity to improve Fraud Operations process or identify opportunities to make change to optimize balance of Member experience, fraud prevention, and costs; re-evaluate technological infrastructure to continuously optimize the balancing equation.
● Drive Performance Outcomes… Design instrumentation to drive performance at the Fraud Operations. Defined operational SLAs through data as well as identify anomalies.
● Risk Controllership… Understand and design appropriate Fraud Operations control points, lead monthly Operational reviews and identify drivers to ensure flawless executions by Fraud Operations.
● Be a Fraud Operations Analytics SME… Serve as a subject matter expert for Fraud Operations process control points and data assets.
● 10+ years of Fraud Analytics experience at top 10 US financial institutions or merchants managing Fraud Operations analytics.
● Have an in-depth understanding of different analytics approach to solve different types of business opportunities.
● Strongly Preferred: Have experience manage fraud strategies or Operations analytics.