Lifecycle Operations Specialist
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Lifecycle Operations Specialist-Contractor is an experienced marketing automation professional responsible for asset development (basic HTML for email skills required), audience segmentation, and campaign quality assurance in multiple marketing communication channels, including email, SMS, mobile push, and in-app messaging. With a strong focus on campaign execution, the ideal candidate has superior attention to detail and time management skills, as well as the ability to understand business needs & objectives in order to deliver pristine, on-time work consistently. After deployment, the LCM specialist then provides stakeholders with campaign performance reports, including data-driven recommendations for future campaign optimization.
What you’ll do:
- Under the direction of a Lifecycle Marketing Manager, execute data-driven marketing initiatives utilizing a campaign management tool; perform activities such as audience selection, trigger qualification, suppressions and segmentation
- Own the coding/building, approval process, and deployment of daily, monthly, and ad-hoc content-focused lifecycle marketing campaigns; contribute strategic thought leadership to the team’s campaign testing & optimization strategies
- Deliver on lifecycle campaign execution deadlines in various marketing channels (e.g. Email, Push, In-App Messaging, SMS, etc.)
- Develop, enforce, and perform quality control activities to ensure daily campaign deployment is completed in a timely manner and the output is accurate and complete
- Produce campaign performance reports using analytically derived model outputs to share test outcomes, highlight campaign business impact, and inform future testing strategies
- Consolidate and confirm the accuracy of prospect and/or customer audience data when building campaign audience segmentation
- Work with others on the Lifecycle Marketing team to understand and provide tactical feedback regarding campaign objectives, data specifications, technical requirements, etc
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Business, Finance, Marketing, or a technical field (or equivalent professional experience)
- 2+ years of email marketing experience, with a working knowledge of leveraging raw HTML templates
- Experience with marketing automation tools and/or ESPs (e.g. Braze, Iterable, Eloqua, etc). Braze experience is a huge plus!
- Diligent adherence to best practices and QA procedures, with very strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate strategies, results, and insights effectively
- Comfortable working independently, with little or no supervision
- Strong project management skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in Finance, FinTech, or other heavily regulated industries
- Understanding of A/B and multivariate testing standards
- Knowledge of relational databases, real-time event data, data structures and querying language (e.g. select, merge, join, group by, etc)
- Experience working with real-time web and app event data