Marketing Compliance Specialist - Brand/Social (Contract)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Marketing Compliance Specialist will focus on marketing and advertising compliance across SoFi’s diverse product suite and will be responsible for providing compliance expertise and partner support to SoFi’s Marketing, Business Development, Product, and Engineering departments. In a manner supportive of SoFi’s culture of cross-functional collaboration, the new team member will review and approve communications with the public prior to distribution.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Bank and Securities regulatory requirements that apply to advertising and marketing. This includes, but is not limited to, SEC Marketing Rule, FINRA Rule 2210, Regulation DD, Regulation B, Regulation Z, UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, and Fair Lending. This role may also assist with other compliance initiatives related to supporting regulatory examinations, consumer protection, and oversight efforts.
What you’ll do:
- Review and approve communications with the public for compliance with all federal and state regulations
- Provide day-to-day marketing compliance support to various business units and act as the key point-of-contact
- Own and drive the research of regulatory risks, document analysis, and communicate recommended or required action
- Track marketing claims and maintain associated disclosures and substantiation
- Drive the development and maintenance of SoFi’s policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance training material
- Prepare comprehensive management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing large quantities of data
- Monitor changes in applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards
- Management of improvement initiatives from a structural, functional, and organizational change management perspective
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- FINRA Series 24 license
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Degree from an accredited university or significant relevant experience
- Flexibility in working schedule
- Experience with content management systems
- Excellent oral communication skills; must be able to effectively articulate regulatory risks and proposed mitigation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to analyze and interpret rules, regulations, and policies
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and research abilities
- Outstanding ability to develop and foster cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Consumer Finance Compliance background preferred
- Knowledge of overall consumer lending process, including mortgages
- Working understanding of general banking regulations, with special focus on lending requirements
- Highly competent in time management and task prioritization
- Experience in compliance monitoring, oversight, or assurance programs
- Desire to develop practical, creative solutions that meet business needs while remaining compliant with applicable laws and regulations
- Natural strong work ethic and ability to remain motivated in an independent work environment