Director, Enterprise Applications
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Are you an experienced Engineering Leader looking to work for an amazing Fintech? SoFI is looking for a Senior Manager, Enterprise Applications to lead software development professionals with a focus on data engineering, to power our internal corporate fintech systems.
What You’ll Do
This role will be responsible for managing a team of engineers as well as serving as the center of engineering excellence for Enterprise Application Engineering for the Information Technology department. Specifically, this role will be expected to:
- Hire and manage world-class software and data engineers
- Design and manage developer efficacy measurements
- Mentor engineers and assist with career development
- Challenge engineers to build high-quality, robust solutions
- Ensure developers have the tools, capabilities, and processes required to build and maintain enterprise-class solutions
- At least eight years of software engineering experience, three of which are in a managerial role
- Working knowledge of modern software engineering practices
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) principles
- Thorough understanding of DevOps practices
- Experience with data warehousing or data lake systems such a Snowflake or AWS Athena
- Exposure to big data systems and pipelines, such as Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Understanding of financial metrics such as ROI, EVA, and NPV is a plus
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a well-rounded discipline such as Information Systems, a combination of degrees that span technical and business disciplines, or comparable experience.