Senior Analyst - Business Risk Operations
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Collections Center of Excellence (CCoE) team that has developed strong partnerships and working relationships with other key functional areas. The Senior Business Operations Analyst will be an integral member of the CCoE team, and will provide thought leadership to shape the strategy of the partner Ops teams. This person will partner with junior analysts to lead the analysis, reporting, and modeling to develop and interpret information. Driving operational decision-making, policy/procedure formation, growth management, and other managerial functions are core to this role. In addition to strong analytical skills, this person will need exceptional communication skills and relationship skills in order to turn ideas into reality.
This Senior Business Operations Analyst will be part of the Business Planning & Analytics (BP&A) team within CCoE. This is a critical role that will develop new Collections MIS Tableau reporting and analytics used to improve efficiency and effectiveness, while pursuing enhanced performance across all of the Collections life cycle focused on the Member experience
This individual will report directly to the head of BP&A's MIS team and serve as a senior analyst to create, improve and interpret new MIS Tableau reporting used to drive the Credit Card, Personal Loan and Student Lending Businesses
The ideal candidate will possess an analytics background and the strategic acumen to direct a function that draws strategic insights from data using database and statistical analysis tools to inform decisions and support SoFi Technologies' overarching strategic goals relative to loss prevention. They bring new ways of thinking, data sources, technologies, and capabilities to SoFi Technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Responsibilities include preparing PowerPoint presentations around Collections and Recovery insights, strategy changes, opportunities, and risks to senior leaders
- Must possess extremely proficient SQL skills that are used on a daily basis
- Develop and optimize strategies that balance effectiveness and efficiency through a combination of impact analysis, testing and collaboration with stakeholders
- Independently lead the entire project lifecycle for complex data analysis, requirements gathering and creation of new production reporting
- Work closely with other MIS team members to help mentor and collaborate on improving current processes, databases, and tables stored in a Snowflake data environment
- Work with our outbound Dialer and IVR inbound teams on analyzing results and creating OMNI channel reporting
- Work with Operations and Technology partners to identify gaps in system/operations process flows to ensure alignment of strategy/intent, execution, policies, state legalities and regulatory guidelines as it relates to contacting delinquent customers
- Build strategic relationships with operations leaders to establish shared goals and deliver analytics and insights in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Enhance and develop strong team culture and provide mentorship to members of the team.
- Analyze data from various sources to compile a comprehensive picture of the overall business operational performance
- Develop periodic reports on a wide range of strategic and tactical analysis
- Develop recommendations and prepare written and oral presentations to senior management
- Ensure adequacy and accuracy of reporting by applying business knowledge and data analysis
- Develop performance measurements and analytical tools to improve operations
- Partner with data engineering, data science, and other analytics teams to establish data sources that serve business needs - identifying and advocating for process improvements and industry best practices.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years’ experience in an operational analyst position or equivalent
- High motivation to drive change, eager to learn, and able to work collaboratively in a complex and fluid environment
- Expertise in analyzing large datasets using SQL/Python/R and other statistical analysis packages to read test results and deliver on strategies to improve member contact and overall loss prevention
- Highly proficient in building reporting using Tableau (or similar tools)
- Proven analytical skills in conducting sophisticated analysis using customer performance data, bureau attributes and other 3rd party variables to solve business problems; a demonstrated ability to synthesize and communicate analysis to peers and senior management
- A history of success in leading initiatives and driving results through collaboration and hands-on work
- Affinity for problem solving and detailed work
- Ability to collaborate well with teammates and business partners and influence business decisions
- High attention to detail and strong data & root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills and an ability to provide technical guidance to less technical audiences.
- Proven experience analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing complex data as it relates to financial services.
- BA/BS Degree required
Nice to have:
Possess a strong collections industry knowledge, including a sound understanding of relevant regulations like FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA and a working knowledge on the impact of CFPB’s Reg F on the collections landscape
Experience solving data heavy problems
Collection's reporting working outbound Dialer Data
A passion for well-tested code and utilizing testing frameworks