Senior Director, Product Design (Platform)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right.
We are in an exciting phase as we rethink our app, overall strategy, and the technology that powers it. The work happening within the Platform organization is critical to our product experience, creating frameworks and key functionality that impact how our SoFi product ecosystem works. This includes solving for how we communicate & personalize the member experience, how we ensure safety and trust, and how we enable our members to get help in a timely manner, regardless of what products that member uses.
As a Sr. Director, you’ll be amongst our most senior Design Leaders at SoFi. It will be your responsibility to create strategy and direction for cross-functional teams, drive new initiatives, set a high standard for excellence across the organization and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary set of leaders. It is critical that you drive both quality and speed of decision making and execution.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue on our path we need great talent and that starts with you.
- Define the design strategy across a number of complex programs and features
- Manage stakeholder audience including key leaders across Product, Engineering, Research, Data Business, Marketing & Ops, including members of the C-suite
- Work end to end, considering a wide range of implications across the product ecosystem
- Develop the team’s ability to challenge previously-established patterns, and facilitate strong creative problem solving rituals
- Leverage data and consumer insights to make informed recommendations; understand how to evaluate success and iterate with new information
- Collaborate directly with the Design Leadership team across SoFi products to ensure consistent, complimentary experiences
- Mentor, inspire, and grow talent at all levels
- Spearhead critical efforts in process, craft and execution on behalf of the Design Leadership team
Qualification and experience
- 15+ yrs experience successfully shipping products and features from start to finish
- 7+ yrs leading teams of designers
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion for building a business
- Able to effectively communicate design solutions to all audiences, inclusive of executive leadership & the C-suite
- Strong project planning, time management, and collaboration skills
- Able to deeply understand business goals and outcomes leveraging use data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Expert in best practices in UX, design and information architecture across responsive iOS, Android, and Web
- Experience with current design tools (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
- Experience working on personal finance, information architecture & frameworks
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders