Fraud Detection Specialist
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking talented and self-motivated Fraud Prevention and Detection Specialists to join our Fraud Operations team. Our candidate will be responsible for all aspects of reviews as it relates to credit card account openings, fraud referrals, and the review of transactional activity in our checking/savings accounts, credit cards and invest products; inbound/outbound calls to confirm activity; advising and assisting Management in making and implementing strategic decisions and objectives; and driving business objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Conducts thorough reviews and inquiries on identified and suspicious accounts within the specified systems
- Completes inbound/outbound calls with members, fraudsters, business entities or other financial institutions and takes appropriate action based on results
- Analyzes and reviews potentially fraudulent activity, to ensure minimal loss to the organization. Coordinates cross-functional communication, to resolve fraud situations and provides recommendations to resolve fraud
- Helps develop, maintain, and implement policies/procedures to detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- Interacts with members, as needed, who are reporting fraudulent activity
- Reviews account for potential fraud
- Compiles information from multiple channels and determines which accounts need to be restricted and what departments need to be contacted
- Enters and maintains accurate case detail notes for all alerts received and reports type of fraud on each occurrence
- Provides escalation and updates to supervisor regarding alerts worked
- Responds promptly and exercises exceptional communication skills in an effort to optimize each contact with members, partners and external vendors/banks
- Ensures compliance with departmental standards and processes to increase production and accommodate work volumes toward enhanced member satisfaction
- Fosters a culture of accountability, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence, and a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our fiscal controls
- Works effectively across the organization to maximize company resources
- Handles any special projects as assigned by management
What you’ll need:
- Experience in banking, financial services, and/or other related industries preferred
- Knowledge of check, ACH, wire, debit/credit card, and other payment channels operating rules preferred
- Outstanding time management skills and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with all levels within the organization in a collaborative manner
- Must be able to establish peer relationships and communicate effectively with multiple company disciplines, cross-functional, and external teams
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply sound judgment, effectively solves problems and determines fraudulent activity consistently
- Detail-oriented and process-oriented approach
- Accepts responsibility, ownership, and accountability for work results
- Finds a high-volume, dynamic, and team-focused environment engaging
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have the availability to work flexible hours that will include weekends