Senior People Business Partner
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Senior HR Business Partner (Sr. People Business Partner) at SoFi is a trusted business partner and an objective resource and advocate for the business and the employee population. In this critical role on our people team, you will partner with the Engineering, Product and Design organization to lead and influence while solving complex problems in a scalable way.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a trusted business partner to advise and influence leaders to create measurable and actionable plans
- Be an objective resource and advocate for the business and the employee population
- Manage employee relations issues with discretion and finesse while coaching and facilitating feedback
- Utilize your HR knowledge to influence within the areas of organizational design and development, compensation, performance management, employee engagement, employment law, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, training & employee development, immigration, systems, and tools
- Use people analytics, organizational health routines, and other data sources to drive decisions
- Demonstrate discretion and strong judgment leading to positive outcomes
- Serve as a culture driver, living the SoFi values
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Partner closely with People Team centers of excellence (CoEs) to best support the business and drive strategic initiatives
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years as an HR Business Partner with specific HR knowledge in organizational design and development; compensation; performance management; employee engagement; employment law; employee relations; diversity and inclusion; training & employee development; immigration; systems and tools
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to lead and influence all levels within the organization
- Experience building strong rapport and relationships with the ability to adapt to various styles and situations, tailoring message to all levels and audience while breaking down barriers while using discretion
- Skilled business acumen; a quickness in understanding and dealing with risks and opportunities in business situations leading to successful outcomes
- Experience as a Leadership Coach; developing leaders, influencing action and accountability and connecting stakeholders with varying interests
- The ability to solve complex problems in a scalable way
- Agility; the ability to be flexible, adaptable and resilient
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Have a strong sense of accountability, and proven track record of results
Nice to have:
- Experience in a tech or financial services organization
- Experience supporting engineering and/or product organizations
- PHR or SHRM-CP certifications
- HRIS and Workday experience