Director, Product Design
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
As a Director of Design, it will be your responsibility to imagine the future of personal finance, drive new initiatives, set a high standard for excellence across the design organization, and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary set of stakeholders and leadership. At this level, you’re also part of the Design Leadership team and will have the responsibility to help mature the Design Organization. This includes coordinating designers across product areas to align the larger SoFi ecosystem and acting as a mentor to various designers in the organization. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue on our path we need great talent, which starts with you.
What you’ll do:
- Define the design strategy across several complex programs and features in Money and Invest
- Manage stakeholder audience including key leaders across Product, Engineering, Research, Data Business, Marketing, and ops, including members of the C-suite
- Work end to end, considering a wide range of implications across the product ecosystem
- Develop the team’s ability to challenge previously established patterns, and facilitate strong creative problem-solving rituals
- Leverage data and consumer insights to make informed recommendations; understand how to evaluate success and iterate with new information
- Collaborate directly with the Design Leadership team across SoFi products to ensure consistent, complimentary experiences
- Mentor, inspire, and grow talent at all levels
- Spearhead critical efforts in process, craft, and execution on behalf of the Design Leadership team
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years of experience successfully shipping products and features from start to finish
- 7+ years leading teams of designers
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion for building a business
- Able to effectively communicate design solutions to all audiences, inclusive of executive leadership & the C-suite
- Strong project planning, time management, and collaboration skills
- Able to deeply understand business goals and outcomes by leveraging the use of data analytics, user testing, and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Expert in best practices in UX, design, and information architecture across responsive iOS, Android, and Web
- Experience with current design tools (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with the application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
Nice to have:
- Experience working on personal finance, information architecture & frameworks
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
- Experience working with AI-driven technologies