Director, Mobile Engineering
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right.
SoFi is a digital-first financial institution without brick & mortar locations, so we consider our Mobile App and Web experiences as the primary way we serve our members. That means banking, investing, spending, borrowing and more all in one app. This requires us to strive for technical excellence at the highest levels across experience, reliability, scalability, and delivery.
As the Director of Mobile Engineering, it will be your responsibility to oversee the architecture of the mobile application, drive new mobile initiatives, and set a culture of excellence through best practices. You’ll play a critical role in driving coordination, collaboration and two-way communication across the larger mobile engineering community as well as with a multi-disciplinary set of leaders. Additionally, as a leader within the larger Tech Organization, you’ll have the responsibility to help mature and grow the organization in partnership with your peers. This includes coordinating teams to think about and build the SoFi mobile application and product experience in a holistic and integrated manner.
SoFi has achieved significant growth over the past few years, with very ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Define and oversee the strategy and technical design of our Mobile Applications
- Establish best practices, directives and broad collaboration across the community of Mobile Engineers
- Spearhead critical efforts in process and operational excellence in coordination with Engineering Leadership
- Strategize with other leaders from early idea to shipping, ensuring a technically sound approach that delivers member value and a high quality experience.
- Manage a diverse set of stakeholder audience across Engineering, Product, Design, Business, Ops & Marketing, including executive and C-suite leadership
- Mentor, inspire, and grow members of the larger Engineering Organization
Qualification and experience
- 10+ years of experience in mobile application development
- 6+ yrs leading teams of engineers
- Expert in engineering best practices across iOS and Android development
- Proven track record in influencing and successfully coordinating work across many teams and areas; strong sense of ownership
- Proven track record in growing and mentoring talent
- Strong project planning, time management, and proactive communication skills; bias for action
- Effectively communicates to a wide range of partners: engineering, design, product, business, marketing, ops, legal/compliance and executive leadership
- Strong understanding of how to use data as an input to decision making
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion for building a business
- Experience working on personal finance, data visualization, ecommerce, and social experiences
- Experience scaling products through growth phases