Senior Employee Relations Partner
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The SoFi Employee Relations Team serves as a trusted partner to the very core of our business, our Team Members. Partnering closely with our People Business Partner teams and Employment Legal, we are objective advocates, offering unbiased support to employees facing workplace issues. We deliver consistent, impartial processes that strengthen the company's mission and values, ensuring a fair experience for all, so that everyone has the opportunity to thrive.
The Employee Relations Partner conducts investigations into employee relations concerns and contributes to making a positive impact on our company’s culture by completing timely and high quality investigation reports to share findings and recommendations. The successful candidate will provide guidance, support, and make recommendations to resolve employee relations concerns. This position is both hands-on and strategic to provide investigative and employee relations expertise.
As a trusted advisor, this position will initiate, investigate, and conclude a variety of employment-related matters with limited oversight, in a high volume, fast paced environment, with an emphasis on supporting non-exempt team members.
What you’ll do:
- In this role, you'll be responsible for handling employee relations issues including various performance management scenarios, attendance and absenteeism scenarios, interpersonal disputes and/or concerns, time keeping and time theft scenarios, and ensuring compliance with various company policies, practices and applicable employment state and federal laws and regulations, with an emphasis on harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation
- Use established and effective interviewing and documentation techniques and utilize the designated case management tool for tracking investigation progress
- Advise on various performance management scenarios, with an emphasis on supporting front line leaders through the performance management process. This could look like co-developing performance memos and/or developing performance improvement plans in partnership with front line leaders and people business partners
- Communicate consistently and regularly with People Business Partners regarding ongoing investigations and provides timely investigation case reports with supporting documentation for all completed investigations
- Analyze performance management and workplace investigation trends with Leadership to help develop proactive strategies, solutions, programs and policies with the aim of improving company culture
- Develop effective relationships with People Business Partners to promote cross functional collaboration and alignment
- Participate in projects led by the Employee Relations Team or other cross functional teams, as needed
- Help balance risk, taking into account team member, department, and company perspectives when providing employee relations solutions
- Facilitate off-boarding for involuntary terminations, when necessary
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5 years of experience with workplace investigations and performance management
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be a thoughtful and empathetic communicator
- Previous experience working in an organization with a centralized employee relations function is preferred
- Thorough understanding and application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, statutes, which govern employment policies and practices
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote offices and locations
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Experience with providing coaching and resolving performance management through formalized performance improvement processes
- Ability to work independently and to identify when to engage leadership and cross functional teams
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with international Employee Relations and Employment Legal practices
- Ability to provide employee relations support to Spanish speaking team members