Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are looking for a seasoned Principal Engineer for our Cloud Infrastructure teams with a natural inclination to elegantly solve problems. As a member of our infrastructure engineering organization, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the direction and architecture of our cloud platforms, while enabling engineers at SoFi with great platform level systems. You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative organization. The ideal candidate will be a mentor and a team player who is hands-on and comfortable driving solutions from initial architecture to final implementation with a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery..
What You’ll Do:
- Technical leadership, and guidance in design, implementation, and maintenance of our cloud infrastructure and key cross cutting platform services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive innovation and increase resilience and reliability.
- Lead the development of infrastructure as code (IaC) practices and contribute to the evolution of our overall cloud architecture.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks and inefficiencies in our cloud infrastructure.
- Implement best practices for optimizing resource utilization and cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborate with other engineers, providing mentorship and knowledge transfer to enhance the overall technical capabilities of the team.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Be a subject matter expert in incident response and troubleshooting, ensuring timely resolution of issues affective cloud infrastructure.
- Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Build strong working relationships with coworkers and cross-organizational teams
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 10+ years software development experience.
- Deep expertise in cloud infrastructure development with AWS, containerization and orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes), Networking, service meshes (e.g. Istio), streaming and messaging (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis), workflows (e.g. Temporal), or related technologies.
- Strong programming fundamentals.
- Strong programming skills for infrastructure automation.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience working with Agile development processes.
- Experience with maintaining CI/CD pipelines and test-automation.
- Very strong interpersonal skills - must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the team.