Senior Staff Engineer, Cloud Efficiency
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
To further enhance the efficiency of our cloud infrastructure and systems, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our Cloud Efficiency team. This role presents an exciting opportunity to play a key role in optimizing our cloud-based systems. If you are a seasoned Senior Staff Software Engineer with a passion for optimizing cloud efficiency and a strong background in cloud technologies, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical leadership for the cloud efficiency team to design and implement strategies for optimizing cloud costs, resource utilization, and overall performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement scalable and efficient cloud solutions.
- Lead the development of software solutions to enhance cloud efficiency, including automation scripts. Tooling, and infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvement to enhance cloud efficiency.
- Collaborate with cloud and software engineers to integrate solutions seamlessly into cloud environments.
- Implement monitoring and analytic solutions to track key cloud efficiency metrics.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and provide insights to drive optimization strategies.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 8+ years software development experience.
- Deep expertise in cloud platforms including AWS, and cloud native technologies (K8s)
- Strong programming fundamentals.
- Strong programming skills for infrastructure automation.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools and practices.
- Knowledge of cloud cost management tools and practices.