Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The People Partner plays a key role in supporting the workforce to ensure employees are engaged, productive and happy. This role supports employee situations with discretion and HR expertise, and coaches front-line managers on addressing employee escalations, developing high performing teams and managing performance. This role will be focused on partnering with employees and leaders across our Finance and Marketing teams.
What you’ll do:
- Coach our leaders on various topics ranging from employee development to performance management to creating inclusive team environments.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions).
- Investigate escalated employee concerns and resolve employee relations issues; provide recommendations and guidance to the business
- Help identify training needs for individuals and managers working closely with L&D; provide training on HR-related topics
- Partners with PBPs on offboarding employees - conducting exit interviews and combining qualitative exit data with quantitative data to understand trends in regrettable and non-regrettable attrition. Partner with PBPs and the business to drive change
- Advocate for employees’ success through end-to-end experiences that help employees feel fully engaged in the work they do and valued for who they are.
- Equitably exercise high-judgment, manage through ambiguity and serve as the first point of escalation for employee concerns.
- Promote adoption of technology, self-service, change management and continuous improvement.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years experience of relevant HR experience
- Foundational understanding of talent and performance management processes and systems
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects; demonstrates initiative and manages multiple, competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with experience partnering with senior level leaders and building strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience coaching managers through performance management and employee relations matters
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Agility - the ability to be flexible, adaptable, and resilient
Nice to have:
- Experience in HR within Tech or Financial Services companies
- Experience supporting exempt and non-exempt employee populations
- HRIS and Workday experience