Senior Director, Fair Lending Analytics
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are looking for a strong leader to work closely with the Fair Lending & Responsible Banking (FLRB) Officer to design, manage and execute the Fair Lending Analytics Program.
What you’ll do:
- Set strategy, in conjunction with the FLRB Officer, to assess and manage fair lending risk across the organization.
- Design and build a robust fair lending analytics program with focus on compliance testing for all applicable laws, regulations and requirements (including ECOA, FHA, HMDA, etc.).
- Establish policies, procedures and standards for our fair lending analytics which:
- Define and support key elements of the program.
- Maintain the analytics at or above regulatory & industry standards for comparable institutions of our size and complexity.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with these established policies, procedures & standards.
- Create, manage and enhance the Fair Lending Analytics team.
- Maintain and execute a testing plan which ensures comprehensive and timely analysis of risks and compliance with all applicable risk management standards.
- Oversee the use of advanced statistical and analytics tools including SAS, Python, Tableau, SQL and similar applications to assess fair lending risk.
- Produce & deliver reports and supporting data for subsequent steps in the fair lending risk assessment process.
- Produce & deliver reports & summaries of risks to line of business management and for aggregation up to various committees.
- Communicate process, findings and results as needed, and in a manner commensurate with the recipient’s understanding and level of expertise.
- Act as liaison and Subject Matter Expert within the organization and, as called upon, to regulators and other external parties.
- Participate and interact with other units as needed to support the Fair Lending Analytics Program and team.
- Coordinate with first and second lines of defense in the development of procedures to ensure that fair lending compliance-related policies and procedures are being followed and updated as required.
- Keep pace with industry developments and with the demands of business by anticipating problems, offering appropriate solutions, and providing the necessary leadership to implement changes effectively.
- Support regulatory examinations and audits.
- Oversee and/or execute special projects and assignments as requested.
- Fifteen years of financial industry experience. Preferably with medium to large banks.
- Ten+ years specifically focused on developing and leading fair lending analytics programs
- PhD in statistics or a similar discipline is preferred
- Broad-based fair lending knowledge and experience in applying laws and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to explain complex concepts in approachable terms.
- Experience with multiple consumer products
- Attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to conceptualize and assist in building technology into compliance processes in order to gain efficiency and enhance the strength of the Compliance Management System.
- Advanced knowledge of laws, regulations, and other guidance related to Fair Banking (ECOA, FHA, HMDA, and UDAAP).