Staff Marketing Data Scientist
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Marketing Data Science team is looking to add a Staff Marketing Data Scientist who will support marketing campaign execution and help shape product targeting decisions. The Staff Marketing Data Scientist will work closely with Marketing Managers, Marketing Technology and external data firms (e.g. Credit Bureaus and consumer data firms) to enhance SoFi’s marketing platforms and reduce our time to market. You will (1) build and update audience targeting capabilities, (2) build and implement data pipelines for direct mail and digital targeting campaigns and (3) extract, transform, and load data to facilitate specific marketing strategies.
To be successful in this role, you need to have at least 6+ years of hands-on marketing analytics as well as, campaign management and execution, preferably in financial services. You will leverage your direct marketing knowledge to become a subject matter expert on Pre-screening/Pre-approval acquisition campaigns as well as credit bureau data and our internal customer performance and marketing datasets.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support marketing acquisition and revenue objectives
- Lead development, implementation and continuous improvement of campaign data, strategies and processes
- Cultivate strong partnerships with Product Marketing, Channel Owners, Business Units, Risk Management, and Finance to identify improvements to campaign execution and results as well as make data-driven recommendations
- Identify opportunities to improve marketing efficiency such as campaign process improvements
- Research, analyze and monitor financial and technological factors to identify marketing opportunities
- Translate business goals into actionable tactics and campaigns informed by data that deliver short term results and build foundational platform for long term growth
- Support partners with ad hoc analysis requests that come up during normal course of business
- Synthesize data into succinct presentations that influence senior management decision making
- Focus on what’s best for the company – sometimes that requires being flexible, other times it requires being steadfast.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in credit marketing capacity, with demonstrated experience developing and analyzing direct marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field.
- Experience with using Airflow to build Data Pipelines in Snowflake
- Data Engineering exposure in a marketing environment
- Strong knowledge of databases and related languages/tools such as SQL, NoSQL, Hive, etc
- Strong programming skills in Python and R
- Track record of delivering impact. Can both develop but also help implement solutions to ambitious problems
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to work ambiguity and have strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship-building and collaborative skills
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of statistical modeling or machine learning is preferred but not a requirement
- Extensive knowledge of pre-screen driven marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in Tableau
- Effective communication skills and ability to explain complex systems and processes in simple terms
- Experience with experimentation and hypothesis testing
- High EQ with ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences