Senior Manager - Marketing Business Operations & Risk
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Senior Manager - Marketing Business Operations & Risk is a critical new role at SoFi, collaborating with the entire marketing organization and support functions (risk, audit, compliance, legal, privacy, finance, accounting, etc) to drive operational efficiency both today and as we scale rapidly into the future.
The candidate will own two key areas: a) Redefining and scaling the marketing org’s first line of defense risk and compliance programs, and b) Scoping and driving projects focused on driving operational efficiency for the CMO’s organization.
In the first focus area, the candidate will proactively define, monitor and help mitigate risks/issues; efficiently coordinate robust responses; document SOPs; and drive a culture of sharing best practices across stakeholders in order LI^2 (SoFi Core Value #9: Iterate, learn, innovate!) with an eye on building durable systems for the future.
In the second focus area, the candidate will oversee the operational efficiency of the marketing organization, overseeing and iterating on processes such as new vendor onboarding, supplier management, POs & invoicing and other similar areas. The candidate will also own regular weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting processes, from internal read-outs to reporting to the board of directors. The candidate will have direct oversight of key operational metrics and should generate key analyses and insights that emerge from the data.
The candidate should have a deep understanding and experience in regulated industries - preferably financial services - and marketing. The candidate will report to the VP of Marketing BizOps, and build/lead a team to own these critical responsibilities. For the right candidate, this is a big opportunity to design systems that will unlock the next stage of growth for SoFi.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement new policies and standards geared toward managing critical marketing risks while driving operational efficiency
- Collaborate with internal teams (marketing leads, risk, audit, compliance, legal, privacy, finance, accounting, etc) to efficiently execute against any new or emerging action items
- Redefine, strengthen, document, store and share the marketing org’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Own standardized regular weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting (dashboards, board decks) on key operational metrics (e.g. marketing spend dashboards vs budget, KPIs, CPAs, etc).
- Drive cross functional implementation and adoption for all of the above
- Build and own a data-driven tracking and reporting system for all of the above (e.g. risk exposure, SLAs on responses to audit, timely escalation processes, etc)
- Represent the Marketing org across both internal enterprise-wide risk management forums (including supplier risk, internal audit, compliance, etc.) and in coordination to regulator requests for response
- Spearhead automation of manual processes across the whole organization including new vendor onboarding,
- Oversee the health of marketing enablement functions such as supplier onboarding, PO creation, invoicing and regular reporting of operational metrics
What you’ll need:
- A passion for SoFi’s mission of helping people Get Their Money Right to achieve their financial ambitions
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience and bachelors degree
- Deep understanding and experience in regulated industries, preferably financial services. Strong preference for direct regulatory and/or marketing business risk experience.
- Exceptinal collaboration and communication skills with outstanding ability to create advocacy and develop foster cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders
- Extremely resourceful and comfortable operating within ambiguous situations. Thrives in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Strong analytical abilities including ability to define and optimize new metrics and their drivers
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail, while successfully managing multiple tasks concurrently
- Proficient in Google suite (sheets, slides, docs, drive) and Slack; ability to learn new tools & software quickly