Senior Manager RCSA - 2LOD
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is seeking an energetic, detailed oriented, self-motivated Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Senior Manager to join our Enterprise Risk Management team. This role will support SoFi Technologies' (including subsidiaries) RCSA Program as part of the Enterprise Risk Management 2nd Line of Defense. This leadership role will support the ongoing development and implementation of the ERM RCSA program including the policies, standards, procedures, tools needed to ensure adherence to the program and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will have experience in risk management, governance, and compliance, and will be an agile learner, think strategically, and possess strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
By joining SoFi, you'll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services for the better. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of an industry leading leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) RCSA policies, procedures, standards, user guides and job-aids resulting in consistency of company execution and compliance of the RCSA program
- Provide 2LOD effective challenge and oversight ensuring risks and controls are inventoried accurately, adhere to program requirements and align to defined Risk Taxonomies
- Facilitate the execution of the ERM RCSA program and its control self-assessments
- Develop and maintain internal process documentation and controls
- Analyze RCSA results and prepare reports that highlight themes, root causes, and emerging risks as needed to the Operational Risk and Enterprise Risk Management Committees
- Advance the company’s risk culture and program knowledge through training, education and communication
- Development and implementation of RCSA program enhancements
- Manage conflicts and implement effective communication and collaboration strategies and techniques.
- Identify and prioritize business-critical needs, and leads team and key contributors to deliver efficient execution and timely results
- Serve as a point of escalation
- Continue to look for opportunities to be more efficient while maintaining a strong control environment
- Oversight and coordination of the Quarterly Risk & Control Summary
- Assist and train management and cross-functional partners around Enterprise Risk Management Programs
- Develop requirements for program-specific reporting; including scorecards/dashboards
- Review of Issues, IA and Exam Findings, and New Product/Initiatives to determine potential impact to risk and control inventories and work with the 1LOD to address
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years of experience in second line of defense enterprise risk and governance roles; with focus on RCSA
- Experienced with RCSA program execution activities including but not limited to, the development and implementation of program supporting processes, documentation and SLAs.
- Experience in banking and/or fintech industry, including regulatory experience
- Knowledge of banking products, processes and regulatory requirements
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; capable of drafting strong documentation and presentations, and interacting positively with management and colleagues
- Experience with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) systems
- Ability to create and develop requirements for program level reporting and dashboards
- Strong expertise across coaching, performance management, and team member development
- Strong working knowledge of Google and Microsoft products
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Exercise judgment without management involvement, comfortably navigating change and solving new problems
- Well organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks and competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change; comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent critical and creative thinking, decision-making and innovative problem-solving skills;
- Team Player
Nice to have:
- Internal Audit and/or Compliance experience
- Multi-lingual (Spanish)