Enterprise Risk Management, Key Indicator Director
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
This position will have responsibility for the development and implementation of SoFi's Key Indicator Program, including the development of the policy, standards, and processes to support the program. and ongoing oversight of risk programs and related activities of the assigned department. Works closely with department management teams to identify and document key risks along with key indicators and limits to monitor risk. Monitoring of key indicators along with other 2LOD areas to ensure performance is within stated limits and ensuring breach protocols are followed when necessary. Provides risk management expertise and performs credible challenge throughout the key indicator process.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of the Key Indicator program including policy, standards, procedures
- Work with the business and other 2LOD areas in the identification of key risks and implementation of key indicators and limits in alignment with Risk Appetite.
- Develop and maintain the key indicator reporting process, templates, reporting and escalation protocols
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of key indicators and breach action plans
- Implement strong documented credible challenge throughout the key indicator program and supporting processes
- Produces key indicator reports for management level and board level committees
- Serves as risk management advisor alongside other 2LOD areas in the assessment of new products and activities and the impact to key indicators (new or modified) to monitor the new activity.
- Responsible for analyzing risk metrics and performance data gathered from internal sources and creates measures to protect the company by means of designing or revising the key indicator program, metrics, and limits
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 12+ Years in 2LOD risk management, compliance, and/or project management within the financial services industry
- Knowledge of banking products, processes and regulations
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, collaboration, influencing and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently or within a group under minimal daily direction.
- Intellectually curious. You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex issues, develop innovative solutions, and make data-driven decisions
- Experience leading and managing meetings with cross functional teams, effectively and efficiently communicating and driving engagement from the first line of defense.
- Proficiency in data analysis and deriving meaningful insights for decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, take ownership of deliverables, and drive assigned tasks to completion, in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of risk management principles and practices
- Experience with regulatory compliance and corporate governance standards
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change
- Proficiency with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office products
- Strong team player
- Experience with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) systems
- Exceptional data visualization skills
Nice to have:
- Strong knowledge of applications such as Google Suite, Tableau, GRC/IRM systems and Microsoft Office products
- Multi-lingual (Spanish)