Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Data and Technologies Manager
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Director of SoFi’s 2LOD Risk Data and Technology will be responsible for developing and implementing the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) platform, its libraries, reports, system integrations, data validation and entitlements to effectively and efficiently support risk governance programs and processes.
What you’ll do:
- Leading the initiative to select, develop and implement SoFi’s GRC platform, including user entitlement administration, conversion of data from existing systems;
- Responsible for data validation and reporting capabilities;
- Serve as the primary liaison between technology groups, risk program owners and the GRC vendor, by maintaining contact with vendor representatives, submitting troubleshooting tickets and software feedback to improve the user experience;
- Create and maintain system integrations;
- Supports the vendor installation of system upgrades and data integrations by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements; and partnering with internal technology functions to assure appropriate security, network compatibility and IT application needs;
- Develop a strong change management process to assess and obtain approvals for change requests from the various program owners;
- Identify database requirements by interviewing program owners, analyzing applications, programming and operational needs; evaluating existing systems and providing input into designing optimal system modules;
- Maintains technical knowledge of risk management policies, procedures, and workflow and regulations/accreditation standards in order to assure GRC platform functionality is in compliance and alignment with applicable standards;
- Develop, maintain, and distribute custom and ad hoc reporting of risk data including taxonomy analytics and KRI’s;
- Prepares and supports users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems; creating procedures, user guides, and self-learning modules;
- Maintains quality service and tracking by establishing and enforcing organizational standards related to change management, information routing and related matters;
- Maintain an appropriate log of vendor and customer requests and training, looking for patterns in problems; maintains active issues list for internal issues and vendor issues.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years of experience in second line of defense developing and managing GRC and/or IRM systems
- Experience leading and developing team members
- Experience in banking and/or fintech industry, including regulatory experience
- Exceptional data visualization skills
- Experienced in assessing and/or implementing risk management frameworks and the lines of defense model in alignment with the OCC Guidelines Establishing Heightened Standards;
- Knowledge of banking products, processes and regulations
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Well organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks and competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change; comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent critical and creative thinking, decision-making and innovative problem-solving skills
- Team Player
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; capable of drafting strong documentation and presentations, and interacting positively with management and colleagues
Nice to have:
- Tableau data visualization and analysis
- Experience working in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Multi-lingual (Spanish)