40Seas-Senior BI Developer / Analyst
40Seas develops financial solutions tailored for the global supply chain market, serving exporters, importers, and freight forwarders. This includes a new breed of flexible payment terms for cross-border transactions. The company was founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs from the Fintech industry, whose prior companies have had successful IPOs or have been acquired by market leaders.
In this role you will be the first full-time employee to lead the design and development of data solutions, BI, and analytics. You will work closely with the company’s management and other related team members. This position requires agility, an open-minded personality, a high level of technical and analytical expertise, and the ability to define and build processes and methodologies.
- Take part in the initial data stack development – taking a major part from the planning phase to implementation.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining business intelligence solutions.
- Develop data pipelines and build data infrastructure, ensuring data quality.
- Define and monitor KPIs for various departments in the company and build dashboards to track them.
- Build advanced queries in SQL.
- Analyze datasets and provide useful, actionable recommendations.
- Collaborate with the company’s product, development, and business teams to influence the company’s product and business plans based on data insights.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in BI Development or Data Engineering roles.
- Exceptional technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills, aiming for actionable insights and fostering a data-driven culture.
- Proactive self-starter mentality that promotes collaboration and creative thinking in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience with data visualization tools, preferably Tableau.
- Academic degree in a quantitative discipline.