Product Manager - Safety
são paulo, state of são paulo, brazil
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
About The RoleAs a PM in Uber’s Safety team, you will drive the product charter to uncover challenges and deliver solutions at a global scale.We are seeking an outstanding and hard-working Product Manager with technical depth, product intuition and daring spirit to drive the user experiences roadmap.The role demands principled thinking, a stubborn refusal to settle, daring innovation, and a mentality that always starts with the user. With a champion team at a global footprint, such as our star engineers, Product Designers, Operations and Data in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment we will together build tools, contextual experiences and implement policies to engender trust among our users! What You'll Do
- Build user-facing products as well as backend solutions that empower a magnificent user experience.
- Be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build outstanding technologies for eaters, riders, drivers, couriers and every user who touches the Uber community.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is vital to advise product direction by soliciting and accepting critical feedback.
- Seek opportunities for new products that grip Uber's global scale and build upon its infrastructure to provide outstanding and lasting customer value.
- Work with our regional teams to understand issues on the ground and make those solutions a part of your roadmap.
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, other product teams, and other decision-makers across Uber.
- Partner with User Experience Research, Operations and Support teams to seek insights on user problems and evangelize those problems, along with your proposed solutions, across Uber.
- Distill the vision and strategy, and generate passion across the cross-functional team through creative problem solving and ruthless prioritization.
- User empathy. Have the full understanding of the user experience and struggles, and are motivated to mitigate any user friction.
- Data savvy. Roll up your sleeve and get deep into the weeds, e.g. proficiency in SQL queries.
- Leadership. Being able to educate and align cross-team team members on product decisions.
- Passion. Excitement to share our message and dedication to win user trust, the industry, and other professionals.
- A great teammate. Product instincts are matched by your humility and willingness to problem-solve with the team, take the lead and have a great sense of what doing ‘the right thing’ is. You are an enabler not a blocker. Seek to mentor and share your knowledge with others.
- Minimum of 5 years experience delivering highly successful products in a tech company, and you're very proud of what you've accomplished.
- Experience working within a highly matrixed organization including collaborators across Product, Eng, Business Ops, Public Policy and more.
- Experience with User Research or have outstanding design instincts that speak for customer obsession.
- Experience with the users and challenges faced in Growth domains.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?