Sr Public Policy Associate Cenam
San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
About The TeamOur Public Policy Team works with policymakers as well as authorities to dialogue and review scenarios where change is possible. We focus on establishing last relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians and their staff, to help them visualize what we can offer the communities and how our business brings improvement. It is also about figuring out the best local regulatory framework and then developing campaigns to push reform through.It's all about the strategy, and we need a creative person to join our passionate team.Are you hooked? Keep reading and apply! About The RoleWe are looking for someone who will support our Government Affairs & Policy team in ACAC (Andean, Central America and Caribbean markets) in regulatory efforts and strengthen our policy-related partnership strategy.This person will report directly to the Head of Public Policy for ACAC and will be based in Costa Rica. The role will involve supporting our team's Managers in several endeavors, so a passion for teamwork and collaboration is a must.You'll also be tasked with leading sustainability efforts for the region, so if you're experienced in this field, we want to chat with you!What You'll Do
- Lead and build a strong sustainability strategy across ACAC markets, this means developing a third-party partnership strategy based on Uber objectives to advance global sustainability agenda, positioning Uber as the leader in these efforts.
- Support our team's managers in: establishing our brand and profile with policy makers—including governments, third parties and academics; and working to ensure that the regulatory framework in every country supports Uber ridesharing and delivery apps.
- Build links with other teams throughout the company, including Operations, Communications, Legal, Tax, etc., offering strategic advice to business partners in those functions
- Form last relationships with key stakeholders, lead campaigns to change regulatory scenarios, and define strategies to react to new circumstances
- A minimum of 5 years in government affairs and sustainability is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements.
- Experience developing the regulatory infrastructure for highly regulated industries.
- Experience leading the construction and execution of medium and long term plans
- Public Policy experience in tech companies/industry (desired)
- Solid understanding/networking in the political environment from inside out
- Expert handling of third Parties -- ranging from trade associations to more ideological groups: connecting with key groups on a regular basis, keeping groups updated on our priorities, gathering intelligence and mobilizing them when vital.
- Phenomenal communication and writing skills
- Professional proficiency in English
- Self starter: Stuff changes fast in our world so you will need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure
- Great advocate: Use your intellectual fire power to grasp sophisticated policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve mobility for everyone—both orally and in writing
- Strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive. So you’ll need to put together proactive campaigns involving users, drivers and couriers and third parties that demonstrate there’s a better alternative to today’s outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do—and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated
- Team player: We’re looking for well organized individual who enjoys working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?