Legal Counsel, Employment
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
About The RoleWe’re looking for an Employment Counsel to join our EMEA Employment Counsel team to support and help lead our growing businesses.This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a global legal team integral to a company engaged in cutting edge technology and passionate about solving some of the biggest challenges in the world - including changing the way regulators, courts, and legislators think about the future of work.Based in London, UK, this position will report directly to the EMEA Employment Director also based in London. What You’ll Do
- Handle litigation and pre-litigation matters with a large degree of autonomy in the UK, Nordics and Eastern Europe.
- Identify and resolve employment-related issues regarding Uber’s business and its relationship with users of the Uber App. This will include advising on new products, partnerships and features of the app.
- Partner closely with colleagues in tax, regulatory legal, product developers, and policy and communications team related to Uber’s business, and lead finding solutions to issues.
- Advise Uber’s HR team on the full range of employment matters relating to recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, compensation, benefits.
- Employment law experience with a strong preference for a good solid litigation background.
- Qualified lawyer familiar with UK matters.
- Excellent business judgment, communication, and social skills
- International profile and experience
- Be an effective and clear communicator
- No ego – at Uber we work as a team, and you’ll be expected to work in a constructive manner to achieve the goals of the business
- Ability to thrive in high impact/high profile situations