Senior Merchant Operations Manager, New Verticals
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
We take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but an outstanding individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides an equal opportunity to encourages all employees to share their thoughts. About The TeamNew Verticals is a startup within Uber, a team focussed on growth, but with the support and leverage of Uber’s large global ridesharing and delivery businesses. It is the delivery of everything that isn’t restaurant food - think groceries, essentials, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, beauty, and more… You’ll be part of a fast moving team who believes #GreatMindsDon'tThinkAlike, we are focused on solving real world challenges, working closely across different departments and regions. About The RoleUber is redefining the future of grocery & retail, building a marketplace for on-demand delivery of all local commerce.As Senior Operations Manager, you will work with peers and leaders across Integrations, Sales, Strategy, and Operations to manage and improve data quality and performance through projects and task management. You must be a multi-tasker excited about optimizing critical metrics, item availability, content, search, pricing, and problem-solving to offer our customers the best possible experience. Your Impact in Role
- Work directly with the Sales and the Merchant Ops to ensure that the platform performs smoothly.
- Supervise important metrics, detect root causes of issues that affect them, and propose solutions
- Attend meetings and coordinate with project stakeholders, including external customers
- Run the analysis to understand the current state of problems and validate a plan of action.
- Act as data point of contact for merchants.
- Act as the team representative.
- Lead, manage and execute projects with cross functional teams. e.g.
- Identify potential areas of improvement
- Propose a plan for improvement
- Coordinate with other internal areas
- Collaborate with merchant teams (both commercial and technical)
- Implement process improvements
- Train team members in new processes
- Supervise project progress
- Track and document results
- Find third party providers
- Strong business experience driving scaled operations, strategy, or project/program management
- SQL Skills
- Prior working experience within e-commerce
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English to communicate and drive consensus across technical and non-technical audiences.
- Problem-solving approach; ability to identify problems, determine the correct analysis to assess them, and come up with solutions.
- Leadership skills; involve everyone needed to implement action plans. Teamwork is key.
- Organizational skills: divide projects into small chronological tasks and follow up and follow through.
- Multitasking; leading more than one project at the same time
- Good business and analytical logic; foresee the impact of projects in different areas of the company.
- Understanding the context and impact of a project and being able to set priorities
- Comfort with ambiguity, evolving priorities, and an ability to operate autonomously
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?