Manager II, Cloud Security Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
About The RoleIn this role you will be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled software and security engineers who think cloud-native and whose principal mission is to build hybrid cloud integration tooling, IAM (identity and access management), and secure baseline assessment in-house technologies. You will work closely with our product, infrastructure, and security engineering teams to define cloudsec tooling and requirements, to help us scale our hybrid cloud services.This is a unique opportunity for a security engineering or software engineering manager who is collaborative, and has a healthy sense of curiosity to make real positive impacts to our security posture, lead the strategic direction and evolution of our cloudsec tooling, and help us improve our security designs at scale in our next-gen of systems and services. What You'll Do
- Lead, run, and develop our geographically distributed cloudsec engineering security team. Mentor and guide junior software engineers
- Manage a team that designs, builds and deploys in-house cloud services and tooling specific for hybrid cloud security (container security, kubernetes) and automation services
- Partner with internal customers such as infrastructure, IAM, operations and governance teams to build tooling and technology to optimize continuous deployment, monitoring and secure baseline assessment technologies.
- Create quality written work products and engineering artifacts for both technical engineering and non-technical consumers
- Be a subject matter expert and ambassador to Uber Engineering and our subsidiaries, for cloud security standard processes, and all related aspects of cloud security pertaining to production services security
- Work with product teams throughout the company to provide cloud security guidance to remediate known public cloud configuration vulnerabilities
- Basic Qualifications --—
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical, or Computer Engineering (or more), and equivalent work experience as a software engineering or security practitioner
- Programming skills in at least two of: Java, Go, Python (bonus points for more than one).
- 2+ years of management experience, and 5+ years overall of relevant engineering, product development and/or security engineering
- Have a formal knowledge of cloud security assessments, container security, and be able to translate how cloud security complements typical application and systems security.
- Ability to problems solve and make complex analytical decisions with less than full information in ambiguous situations and environments
- -- Preferred Qualifications--—
- You have great interpersonal skills, deep technical ability, and a history of successful execution in cloud security engineering and product development within industry.
- Prior experience leading teams over multiple locations
- Experience working with in-house engineering organizations, S-SDLC/CICD software lifecycle and QA processes, and understanding of software security architecture principles.
- Familiarity with deployment of application architectures within 2 or more of Azure, AWS, OCI and GCP public cloud providers
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?