Staff Software Engineer (Identity & Access Management)
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
The security organization at Uber is dedicated to enabling safe and secure innovation while protecting the communities we serve both online and in the physical world. Our teams are responsible for protecting both people and their data across intersections of the digital and physical world. The primary objective for Uber Engineering Security team is to enable the technical ambitions of the company while maintaining the highest standards of security and privacy for our customers and partners. As cybersecurity threats evolve, so do we. About The RoleCore Security Engineering’s mission is to make the Uber production environment secure by default and provide industry leading products and services to all Uber's production services and infrastructure. We are focused on building both security primitives and end users products that help Uber engineers to secure their service, build trust, and advance security to enable our global business.We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Identity and Access Management Team. We are responsible for providing and managing platform Identity, Secrets, and Encryption key material for all of Uber’s services. You’ll work on critical distributed multi-cloud services at a massive scale built with best security practices at the forefront. You’ll be responsible for long term decisions on leveraging next gen infra to continuously scale and operate such foundational security services. What You Will Do
- Provide technical leadership in designing, implementing, testing, and rolling out the Identity platform at Uber.
- Engineer, Configure, Implement and maintain IAM solutions and services
- Resolve bugs through strong programming, critical problem solving, database query skills
- Change Management to critical platforms using Terraform Services Standard Build code.
- Design, Implement, maintain, manage and troubleshoot birthright provisioning and access certifications.
- Provide thorough, detailed investigations using various support platforms (email, chat, phone) to develop case details, analyze evidence, and present recommendations for internal actions to key stakeholders
- Use css and js based front end customization skills to customize interfaces and build custom interfaces.
- 8+ years of backend engineering experience.
- 2+ years of relevant security domain experience through Identity and Access Management.
- Domain experience in development, Design and consulting for developing, designing SSO and MFA platforms at large organizations.
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring, and reliability.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL e.g. MySQL)
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and help lead multiple teams in solving them.
- Understand Role-Based Access Control, Policy-Based Access Control, Attribute based access control, Governance, Access Certification in SailPoint
- Experience in Web and Middleware technologies such as Nginx, Tomcat, Weblogic
- Skill set in traffic management, Service and Session Load balancing skills primarily on HAProxy, NLB and F5 are added benefits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- Passionate about helping teams grow by inspiring and mentoring engineers.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?