People Operations Support Coordinator
People & HR, Customer Service, Operations
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
About The TeamUber’s People Experience and Operations team ensures that our global employee population has a fantastic experience at Uber, from onboarding onwards. We’re the center-point between the different People functional areas, knowing the answers to employee questions, and if not, how to connect people who do. Based around the world, we take care of the employee experience and improve our people systems and processes, thinking globally and acting locally to ensure employees across Uber can focus on the work they were hired to do. About The RoleWe’re looking for a People Operations Coordinator in Berlin to support our employee population in the EMEA region - someone who is passionate about finding ways to best support our growing employee base. Primarily responsible for the administration support to our employees and managers with basic inquiries and the continuous improvement of regional HR processes. In addition, you will be a subject matter expert in one or more employee life cycle programs. What You'll Do
- Support the complete onboarding and offboarding lifecycles for new employees (e.g. new hire orientation, and the collection of wet signatures and required paperwork).
- Maintain and update data within our HR System, Workday, ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
- Provide high-quality support to employees by responding to questions in our ticketing tool, and advancing issues as necessary.
- Oversee verification of employment letters, medical health checks, and other compliances with local legislation.
- Support the integrity of our data by running regular audits and reporting.
- Cooperate with vendors when needed for the local processes.
- Manage necessary interactions and coordination with employees, managers, HR customer teams, and external partners on a regular basis for issues and processes around employment.
- Handle employee files and be responsible for uploading employee documentation compliant with local legislation.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects within the People Operations Team and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Identify operational weaknesses with the team and within the region, improve existing processes (for employee lifecycles), and support/lead projects on the development of new processes to keep the People Support Team scale with Uber’s growth on a regional and global level.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business / human resources (preferred)
- 2-3 years of prior experience in a People/HR Operations role at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- Hands-on knowledge of German labor law and compliance requirements, understanding of their impact on the employee lifecycle
- Strong customer service and administrative experience
- Basic project management and stakeholder management skills
- Data-oriented approach and ability to work with data (e.g. excel or google sheets)
- Workday experience and/or experience from a ticketing system is a plus
- Professional proficiency in English and German is required. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?