ESG Program Manager
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
The Corporate Legal team is comprised of a talented group of legal professionals who partner with our business in the areas of payments, M&A, finance, corporate and commercial transactions, corporate governance, capital markets, and related matters. We also work closely with Tony West, our Chief Legal Officer, with respect to matters involving the board of directors and corporate governance more broadly. About The RoleWe are currently searching for a Manager, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) as part of an effort to build a team of professionals who will support Uber’s ESG strategy, engagement and reporting efforts. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a growing team and to work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position will be supervised by the Head of ESG Strategy & Engagement and is preferably located in San Francisco, New York or Chicago, but we are open to other locations. The person filling this role will be a member of the Corporate, Governance & Securities team within the Corporate Legal Team. What You'll Do
- Work on a range of corporate governance matters including shareholder engagement strategy, interfacing with shareholders and also supporting proxy voting, the proxy statement and our 10-K from an ESG perspective. Familiarity with securities regulations, shareholder perspectives and the corporate governance industry at large and any other ad-hoc disclosures.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to further the development of Uber’s long-term ESG strategy. This includes global public commitments to relevant standards, development of science-based targets, and implementation plans and timelines.
- Work across a diverse group of partners (including Investor Relations, Sustainability, Corporate Legal, Finance, Internal Audit, Human Resources, and many others) to support programs and priorities around material ESG issues for Uber
- Lead project management on social and governance matters on an ongoing basis, in addition to reporting on environmental matters regularly. This includes working collaboratively across the company to accurately report Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions, with a commitment to continual improvement and an aim of global reporting.
- Apply relevant ESG standards and frameworks.
- Use data, benchmarks and insights from evolving ESG standards to evaluate Uber’s performance.
- Own global policy expectations.
- Assist with annual disclosures of Uber’s ESG reporting.
- Assist in development of annual cadence for reporting and disclosures; effectively develop teams of internal stakeholders, outside partners, consultants and vendors toward outcomes and results.
- Partner with communications and assist in project managing Uber’s ESG effort.
- Represent Uber externally with relevant industry organizations and internally to Uber leadership and executives.
- 5+ years experience in ESG, sustainability, investor relations, or a related field, with proven success in prior roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Focus in corporate governance (G in ESG) and corporate governance industry experience a plus
- Law firm experience a plus
- Familiarity with key ESG standards and frameworks.
- Experience with climate change reporting and emissions assurance.
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding project management, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, rapidly changing, and growing environments.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience working with business leaders.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?