Director, Scaled Operations, GSS
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
About The TeamThe mission of the Global Scaled Solutions (GSS) team is to transform Uber's best ideas into agile, global solutions. We transform and scale business globally through an optimal combination of technological innovation and on-demand expertise. The team is spread out globally between the US (San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Boulder), India (Hyderabad, Bangalore), Japan, Mexico City, Cairo, and Amsterdam. The Global Scaled Solutions (GSS) is focused on delivering a range of capabilities / objectives to multiple Tech and business teams while maximizing value for Uber through solutions that are:
- Automated & Innovative
- Industry Leading
- Cross-organizational & Integrated
- You will be responsible for leading a multi-location, multi-functional program management team scaling technology driven operations across Uber’s line of businesses(LOBs). This includes business and risk operations along with leveraging the ML ops capability to automate and scale.
- The role will provide an opportunity to work on some of the most strategic initiatives at Uber helping the businesses facing teams to deliver customer success.
- This role can be based in Bangalore/Hyderabad.
- Lead the distributed Scaled Operations organization delivering the highest standards of support and services
- Lead and execute regional and/or global, strategic programs to modernize and scale the Global Operations organization to meet Uber's growth
- Build the vision for next generation operations delivery model, leveraging technology solutions and creative outsourcing/operating models
- Prepare the GSS go external Go-to-Market(GTM) Roadmap – aligning with key stakeholders on priorities and level of efforts required.Build, roll-out and ensure full adoption of the Go-to-Market framework is designed to maximize revenue with best of the quality
- Partner with stakeholders to identify, vet, and integrate new tools (as needed) that would enable our team to work more effectively and efficiently
- Manage outsourced managed services vendor(s) to ensure deliverables and SLAs are met, taking corrective action when they are not, while maintaining focus on cost and quality.
- Establish best practices across similar work streams such that they are reusable
- Establish measurement metrics and methods for tracking work productivity, utilization, and quality
- Communicate strategy and progress((e.g., revenue reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews) with senior management and cross-functional teams
- Selection, mentoring, coaching, performance management, and rewards and recognition of the organization
- 10+ years of experience in working with start-up and large enterprises at leadership roles managing global programs (including go to market).
- Experience leading initiatives that digitize and modernize operators and customer experiences through people, process, and technology initiatives.
- Experience in a Strategic/Management consulting firm or any project department within a Tech or Services company.
- Track record of coaching and mentoring leaders on both technical and management tracks.
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills with a superb ability to drive high value insights.
- Superb project planning skills and decision making frameworks.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Background in Sales or Consulting.
- B2B SaaS software experience.
- The successful candidate is adaptable and has experience working with global business and product teams with a key focus on transformation of people, process, and technology
- Not just a team builder, but an amazing team creator who can construct and leverage personal networks effectively. Minimum of 6 years experience in people management with proven ability to lead, coach, mentor and manage through influence
- Effective listener who is able to build trusted relationships, ability to influence others and deliver consistent results.
- You have passion for driving customer value, the ability to work across global teams to provide best in class operations support to various business partners and thrive in a customer centric culture
- A successful candidate will be a change maker who boldly questions the status quo, identifies opportunities, and champions strategic initiatives that drive business outcomes that enables Uber's growth trajectory
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?