Operations and Strategy City Manager, Uber Eats
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
About The RoleUber Eats was launched in Portugal in November 2017 and is now the most downloaded Food Delivery App. We are available in 90+ cities, delivering from over 8000+ merchants and growing quickly!Uber Eats delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you’ve always wanted to try. It’s the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. You just have to tap the app and get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy!At Uber Eats, City teams are the heart and soul of the company. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to their market to make it successful. In this context, the Uber Eats City Manager role is a rare opportunity to build and craft the future of Uber Eats in Portugal. As a City Manager, you will be in charge of shaping and owning your city(ies) to success, delivering an amazing service to our users while building a financially sustainable business.The right candidate will have a rare combination of sound strategic vision, creative problem solving, drive for results, and interpersonal ability to keep positive relationships with couriers and restaurant partners alike. What You'll Do
- Strategy: Own your market by defining business priorities, setting bold timelines to reach those goals, and making financial decisions
- Lead a local team: you will have local teams on the ground that will help you run your business. That's why we look forward to hiring optimistic leaders: developing these teams while shaping the organization is key to our long-term success.
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at a large scale. You will help design processes; whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, etc. to fuel growth and drive efficiency.
- Local Courier and Merchant Partners Relations: Grow the number of partners on the platform, handle partner development, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber Eats system to provide the most reliable food delivery service in town.
- Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve our courier and restaurant partners' experience on Uber Eats.
- Teamwork: Work closely with the Portugal Operations Team to implement new processes and products in your city
- Be on the ground: Travel a few days per week in your own city(ies) in Portugal to run your market, meet your biggest partners and manage your team.
- Hustle: take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done.
- At least 3 years experience in operations management, management consulting, investment banking, strategy work in a large business, growing a startup, or similar experience.
- Willingness to be responsible for a market and grow the Uber Eats business there. Weekly travel in Portugal might be required.
- Ability to take initiative and easily adapt to the constantly-changing work environment
- Willingness to be proactive and in contact with our courier and restaurant partners. Hands-on and eagerness to implement operational schemes in your own city
- A creative attitude and enjoy putting in place initiatives to address practical issues
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
- Proficiency in Portuguese and English is required
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?