Senior Product Manager, Applied AI
Software Engineering, Product, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
About The RoleArtificial Intelligence is at the heart of Uber’s products! Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Graph Learning, and Computer Vision power many user experiences in the Eater, Rider and Earner apps. We also use efficient marketplace, pricing algorithms, powerful safety mechanisms, as well as improved earnings opportunities to optimize the experience.Our Applied AI team is a multidisciplinary team of ML Engineers, Applied Scientists, Researchers, Backend Engineers, Mobile Engineers and AI Product Managers responsible for building Uber’s Machine Learning platform, developing compelling AI-driven user-facing experiences, and leading innovation in Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Personalization & Recommendations, Marketplace Optimization, and Generative AI.As a PM focusing on AI Applications, you will be driving innovative AI focused user-facing product experiences in close partnership with a variety of product teams across Uber teams. What You Will Do
- Develop, articulate and implement a bold and transformative product strategy/roadmap for a large portfolio of AI products.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define product requirements (PRDs), prioritize features, and deliver high-quality AI products that meet user needs and drive business goals.
- Collaborate with engineering, data science and design teams to deliver high-quality, well-designed products.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest AI industry trends/new technologies and be an AI leader with vision in driving innovation across Uber.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience delivering highly successful ML/AI products.
- A Computer Science or Engineering degree (or equivalent experience).
- Ability to thrive in cross-functional environments and work backward from the needs of your customers to build solutions that scale.
- Data-driven decision-making ability and a "driver" personality for pushing toward clarity and balancing the need for great collaboration.
- High attention to detail and proven track record to multi-task and handle competing priorities.
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A passion for Uber's mission and technology-driven culture, along with a deep desire to grow and learn!
- Experience building large-scale AI/ML products as well as CV or NLP-based experiences.
- Strong technical background, preferably in AI/ML space. We don’t expect you to code, but you should feel comfortable discussing deep technical topics with engineering teams and the platform users.
- Previous experience as an ML engineer or Data Scientist would be useful.
- Excellent understanding of ML industry trends and best practices.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?