People Partner Team Lead
People & HR
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
About The RoleAs a People Partner Lead, you operate as a trusted advisor and consultant to management and employees on a multitude of people matters. You will advise on topics from talent management, performance management, team engagement, and other people initiatives.The role works closely with multiple People & Places (P&P) teams (e.g. People Operations, People Development, HRBP, Rewards, Employee Relations, Diversity & Inclusion (D&I), etc.) to find solutions, drive overall HR processes and programs, and ensure seamless execution to the highest of standards. In addition, your role is instrumental in leading and supporting the execution of our regional and global People priorities and projects.Most meaningfully, you are a steward of our cultural values and are well connected to our people, providing a pulse on the overall health of the organization. What You'll Do
- Be a thought partner and advisor for managers and employees on people matters while understanding the business and talent strategy
- Craft the appropriate strategies when consulting with managers to provide direction on career development, team dynamics, stakeholder navigation, performance, compensation, and other core HR themes
- Work closely with business leaders to strengthen leadership skills through coaching and development.
- Collaborate with the HRBPs to optimally deliver on business priorities through data, insights, process execution and project leadership.
- Partner with cross-functional P&P teams to strategize and resolve complex people matters as well as support projects and programs to improve the overall HR engagement model
- Identify and complete regional or global continuous improvement initiatives to improve the overall employee experience
- Maintain in-depth HR functional knowledge of key people policies, processes and legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees to ensure an optimal employee experience.
- 8+ years of professional, related experience as a generalist, advisor, or business partner in the human resources field
- 10+ years of professional, related experience as a generalist, advisor, or business partner in the human resources discipline
- Strong functional and technical acumen of global HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Experience with coaching managers on complex people matters and supporting them in strengthening their leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve sophisticated and sensitive HR issues/problems. Identifying the root cause of a problem as opposed to focusing on the symptoms.
- Proven effective partner management and collaboration with other teams to deliver a consistent employee experience
- Understanding of employment laws and their impact on HR matters
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?