Head of Uber Advertising, Japan
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
About The TeamUber Advertising’s vision is to offer the most marketplace-centric advertising to connect Uber's platform users (eaters, riders, and earners) with advertisers. Uber Advertising’s platform brings together its mobility and delivery channels for performance and brand campaigns, enabling advertisers to engage with our consumers through the entire marketing funnel - from awareness through purchase to loyalty and advocacy for Uber users.We are building a new Uber Advertising division to spearhead the growth of its advertising business. By building a dedicated advertising organization and a suite of advertising products, Uber Advertising will enable merchants and brands to reach and convert its highly engaged user base across its Mobility and Delivery platforms in 32 markets. About The RoleAs Head of Uber Advertising Sales, Japan you are responsible for building a world class sales and account management organization that will drive advertising revenue across Delivery and Mobility and accelerate Uber’s bottom line. You will also be responsible for the strategic direction, scaling and implementation of Uber’s Japan Ads Sales business.To meet the needs of our ambitions, you will be required to build the team from the ground up by attracting and developing diverse Ads Sales and Account Management talent. You will partner with regional and local leadership to align on sales structure, revenue targets and KPIs as well as collaborating with our existing Delivery Account Management organization to ensure your team is delivering on merchant needs and exceeding Uber’s revenue targets.You will be responsible for building and growing advertising relationships with our restaurant merchants, non-endemic advertisers, and agencies. You’ll also be the external and internal spokesperson of Uber Ads in Japan.Based on a deep understanding of advertisers’ needs, you will drive revenue by demonstrating the value that our Ads platform will bring to advertisers.Working cross-functionally, you will help inform the product and engineering roadmap by articulating market specific product needs across Uber Ads surfaces and formats to ensure we’re building a best-in-class customer and advertiser experience. To be effective, you will need to build close relationships and tight alignment with: operations, sales, strategy, business development, product & engineering, finance, legal, & customer support to name a few. Your Impact In Role
- Build and develop a high-performing and diverse sales and account management organization responsible for delivering advertising revenue across Uber Ads surfaces
- Act as spokesperson for Uber Advertising with PR and IR
- Develop and execute ads sales strategy that enables teams to exceed revenue targets
- Partner with regional and local leadership to align on sales structure, revenue targets and KPIs
- Develop marketing and comms plan: Work with Product Marketing and Comms to develop scalable sales collateral, B2B marketing and PR plan
- Collaborate with Ads Platform, Product Eng and Product Ops teams to inform ads surfaces/inventory, formats, targeting and pricing needed to enable advertisers to engage audiences across advertiser goals of awareness, trial and conversion
- Collaborate with functions and lines of business to deliver on the revenue targets
- 12+ years of advertising experience - preferably in an Ads platform within a marketplace business or mobile app
- 5+ years of experience leading an Ad sales team
- Ideally, a combination of working in complex matrix organizations and fast-moving smaller ventures
- Proven track record of building and managing a multi-million dollar advertising business
- You will receive monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats, Rides and Grocery (anything you can order in app) plus a 17% discount (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (18 weeks full pay) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous unlimited paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory 20 days annually (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org).
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organization and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, we provide the opportunity to work for one month a year in another Uber location and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?