Supply Operations Manager, Uber Shuttle
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Uber Shuttle is an everyday commute product that is safe, reliable and affordable. With just a few taps and a short walk, Uber Shuttle makes it easy for riders to book a guaranteed seat on a commuter shuttle bus from a selection of fixed routes and pick-up stations. We currently operate across MEA, India, and LATAM with this product in a B2C and B2B capacity.We have been working hard to bring the Uber Shuttle magic to the US and Canada with a planned launch this year. Now we are looking to expand the US based team to make this happen! This team will be targeting the B2B space to help companies solve the return to office challenge and to provide riders with an easy, reliable and safe way to get to work. This is an opportunity to be a part of a startup within an established company and to help shape this team and this product offering for the US and Canadian markets. About The RoleThis role is based in Washington, DC and reports directly into the lead for Uber Shuttle in the US. The Supply Operations Manager will be responsible for driving Uber Shuttle supply acquisition and growth and help build our fleet partner base as we expand across multiple cities in the US and Canada! This role requires strong commercial competence coupled with good people skills to drive engagement within fleet partners. As a part of this role, you will also be working on long term solutions for strategic supply sourcing. This role is best suited for people who have prior experience in Business development/Vendor management/Vendor Sales, etc. and are comfortable working on unstructured early-stage problems. What You'll Do
- Supply Acquisition - Plan and acquire Uber Shuttle supply for the cities we operate in by working with existing and new fleet partners.
- Fleet Partner Relationships:
- Develop and maintain relationships with our current fleet partners and help them grow with Uber. Build and drive engagement through various channels.
- Make sure fleets and drivers are hitting SLAs on existing deals with customers
- Train and help fleets and drivers use our Uber Shuttle technology to run their side of the operation as smoothly as possible
- Work with suppliers to gather feedback and build cases to advocate for their requests to be built into our products
- Supply Cost - Work on strategies like cross-utilization, pricing improvements, etc. to reduce supply cost and drive profitability for the business
- Strategy - Long term strategy to add new supply to the market by working with fleet partners, fleet brokers, OEMs and other industry collaborators.
- Problem Solving: Deep dive into our most challenging problems on Supply growth and retention and develop solutions through first-principle thinking & robust analysis.
- Analyze Data: Keep tabs on the customer metrics and delve into the driver metrics that are associated to identify gaps, develop hypotheses and use data to drive improvement.
- Be an owner: We’re building a business and there’s a lot that we don’t know. You will need to be a self-starter that doesn’t shy away from facing challenges and takes initiative to ensure we move the business forward.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the tech, shuttle/charter, logistics, or freight industries
- Prior experience in business development, customer sales, account management, procurement or operations is a plus
- The ability to clearly communicate and present information to stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Strong business and operational acumen as well as critical problem solving skills
- Proactive and creative solutions-driven approach, with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets with the ability to help visualize data for customer and internal presentations
- Customer facing experience
- Salesforce knowledge and experience
- Startup or New Team member experience
- Has worked with a team that has international teammates
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?