Senior Site Leader, Lisbon Center of Excellence
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
EMEA Community OperationsCommunity Operations (CommOps) is pioneering how Uber interacts with users around the globe. We support all Uber business lines and propositions (Mobility verticals like Rides, Hailables; Delivery verticals like Eats and Grocery, and specific propositions like Uber for Business) and cover a broad range of activities including customer service, platform safety, new partner onboarding, sales, compliance.In EMEA, we lead these activities in 30+ countries and in 20+ languages, in large scale and highly nuanced market environments and operational complexity. We are very proud of being the most geographically diversified team in Uber, and welcome you to be part of our high performing, diversified and inclusive team! About The RoleWe’re looking for an outstanding Senior Site Leader to lead Uber’s Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Lisbon, Portugal. This centre has a team of 300+ Community Specialists providing coverage in 6 languages, and services the broader EMEA region in multiple areas such as Support, Account management, Safety, Fraud, Compliance and more. Key Responsibilities
- Own the strategy, operational targets, financial and overall performance of your site, creating world-class support operations, maintaining high quality service and profitability of the operation.
- Take charge of leadership, growth and development of a team of managers, senior managers. Making sure they develop our young talent and build solid career paths for them. Motivating them to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics.
- It is critical that you lead teams to ensure that riders, driver partners, couriers and restaurants receive high-quality, emotionally intelligent support.
- You are highly principled — driven by making an impact and doing the right thing. You will be building and leading an entrepreneurial, hard-working, and data-driven team that grows with solving problems and eliminating the root cause of issues.
- Contributing and proposing innovative solutions and ideas, as part of the EMEA CommOps Extended Leadership Team.
- You will also play a leading role resolving operational strategies, conducting needs assessments, driving performance reviews, capacity planning, and running cost/benefit analyses for improving our operations.
- A skilled leader. As a manager you will be responsible for a substantial management team, you'll have a tremendous impact on the overall culture
- You are passionate about guiding and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining an enjoyable and passionate atmosphere. You take charge when vital, but can identify when to take a step back and let your team lead the way
- Customer focused. Growing and developing the service culture within our community is your mission
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be completely redefining customer interactions for the Uber community. You're passionate about the opportunity to build and experiment with processes and modalities, and are willing and able to lead others utilising them.
- An exceptional communicator that can operate in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Data-driven and analytical in approach. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to practical outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way.
- Collected and calm under pressure. You have superb organisational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Open and curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Passionate about Uber. You love Uber and moving people, in all senses of the word
- A role model. You lead by example
- You have a go get it mentality. You don’t settle. Instead you seek out challenging opportunities - big or small
- +10 years of Customer Operations or Shared Service Centre leadership experience. This must include experience in managing large teams (300+) with overall site ownership (Site Leader) in a large multinational company.
- Proven track record of excellent people management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide your teams through challenging managerial situations.
- Strong experience in operating in multi-lingual / market complexity
- Strong planning and organisational skills; attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet targets in stressful situations
- Experience with Shared Services
- Experience with Automation
- Business process reengineering or Project Management skillset
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?