Strategy & Planning Lead, Mobility & Sustainability
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
At ANZ Mobility, we #GoGetIt, you’ll get to work on challenging problems that require deep strategic thinking to deliver for our customers and make magic in the Uber marketplace. Your work will impact customers here and globally. It could involve building a strategy for targeting high value customers, building a more sustainable future for mobility, to discovering the best way to increase rider engagement through our membership program. This isn’t about cutting and pasting from a playbook, it’s about writing the playbook. About The RoleThe Strategy & Planning Lead partners with business leaders to provide strategic, operational and analytical support. We’re looking for someone who can set a vision and solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details. Working across different functions and geographies will mean you will have considerable visibility of business operations and opportunities to drive meaningful business outcomes. Most excitingly, this individual will also get to meaningfully lead Uber Mobility's Sustainability initiatives across electrification, charging, and car ownership (among others). The Impact You'll Have
- Sustainability project delivery: Write the next stage of our sustainability growth story. You will coordinate the different functions (Operations, Marketing, Policy, Legal, Tax, etc…), from initial scoping phases (opportunity sizing, customer proposition), all the way down to implementation.
- Strategy & Forensics: Develop strategies, business cases and recommendations based on your insights and analytics. You will be working on identifying the next big growth opportunities, articulate winning models, and plan to win
- Planning, Delivery and Reporting: Build, run and improve the governance of ANZ Rideshare team. This includes chairing regular cadence meetings, helping the business to make data driven decisions through detailed reporting models, and coordinate offshore data analytics team
- Critical thinking and master problem solver: develops new frameworks for complex problems where no standards exist today and engages other specialists for feedback and integrates it effectively. Ability to work effectively with both internal and external partners from technological, business and strategic standpoints and to make recommendations on creative business models and structures
- Planning and Organisation: Appropriately prioritizing and planning of projects and/or tasks that maximize the benefit for the organization. Setting up and maintaining systems to appropriately structure and keep track of tasks and projects
- Stakeholder Management: Engaging, informing, and gaining the support of various stakeholders. Taking time to build helpful relationships; earning trust of others within the organization through strong situational awareness and reliability
- Experience in strategy consulting / professional services, or in-house strategy / product / operations role in a fast-paced environment - SQL proficiency is a bonus, but not required
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever is applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return-to-work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Starting a family is a magical journey - At the same time, it can be challenging and stressful. Employees are eligible to reimburse costs relating to infertility treatment, egg/sperm freezing, adoption and surrogacy up to a lifetime benefit limit.
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?