Head of Logistics Operations, Uber Delivery, Berlin Germany
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
About The RoleUber Delivery is looking for a Head of Logistics Operations to lead its Courier Operations, Fleet Management and Marketplace teams for Germany. Our mission is to make Uber Delivery the preferred platform for restaurants, merchant stores, couriers and eaters across the 70+ cities where we operate in Germany!This is a crucial role that combines various skills such as: leadership, strategy, people management, cross-functional stakeholder management and complex project management. You will be in charge of 3 teams, composed of Fleet Account Managers, Operations Managers and Operations Coordinators. Your team’s core mission will be to ensure courier supply growth across all our German territories while keeping our marketplaces reliable, so we provide our customers with the best possible experience. You will also be responsible for managing Uber Delivery’s overall courier budget, allocating it to territories and ensuring regular spending oversight. If you believe that you enjoy working in an environment wherein “great minds do not think alike” and can “see the forest and the trees” and above all passionate about the food industry, this is an extraordinary opportunity. What You'll Do
- Leadership & People Management: Own the Courier Operations, Fleet Management & Marketplace Operations verticals. Define strategy and team roadmaps, translate team output into OKRs, drive accountability within the teams, represent your verticals among German & EMEA leadership team during business reviews
- Cross-functional Stakeholder management: Orchestrate and bring together the work of a wide range of cross-functional team members, across levels of seniority, including Territory Managers, Finance, Legal, Public Policy, CommOps, Comms to ensure consistent and appropriate focus.
- Complex Project Management: Kick-start projects and initiatives aimed at addressing strategic yet ambiguous topics, and drive steady progress to deliver long term value to the business
- Budget Ownership : Coordinate annual budgeting of overall delivery costs for Germany, and drive accountability among Territories to ensure we’re on track versus financial expectations
- Proven track record of 7-10 years of experience in Startup, Strategy Consulting, Operations Management, or another relevant field, including 3 years of people management
- Strong business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish the highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them;
- Experience in leading teams, building high output team culture and developing key talents
- Experience in complex problem solving, involving cross-functional influencing, delegations, escalations and data-driven insights;
- Experience working closely and presenting effectively with a diverse set of cross-functional team members in a constantly evolving, rapid-growth environment with tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?