Staff Software Engineer - Trip Operations Platform-Lidar
Software Engineering, Operations
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
About The RoleAs a senior backend engineer in the Trip Operations Platform (TOP) team with 10+ years of industry experience, you will partner with stakeholders and lead team efforts to design, develop, and maintain complex backend systems which power products & business processes across Uber.
- You will work on a truly unique set of problems. The nature of Uber's business imposes a distinct set of constraints that cannot be found elsewhere.
- You will work with empathetic, smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You will work on mission critical projects that are visible both inside and outside of Uber & creating Impact.
- You will build world class tech for high throughput and low latency distributed systems. We take ownership in creating elegant and reliable code.
- You will solve challenging problems with cutting edge algorithms. We move fast and build things that have never been built before.
- Work on complex backend systems by designing, implementing, and unit testing your code.
- Help teams with helping with defining an architecture that would scale and also encourage best practices.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Goto person to get clarity of problem statements and also can breakdown into meaningful tasks.
- Work on complex desktop web applications used by Data Scientists, Engineers, ML Labeling Operators and many other people in the company to help Uber deliver seamless and magical Rider, Driver and Eater experiences.
- Actively mentor and teach junior engineers and deeply engage with each one and set them up for success.
- Help teams with helping with defining north star, vision and with direction to create robust solutions that would scale for years to come.
- Influence and impact a best-in-class customer experience in your group and contribute to overall customer experience in your area.
- Lead cross-team efforts that deliver meaningful results across engineering, product, and/or design.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- Expertise. We’re looking for engineers with at least 10+ years of relevant experience building highly-scalable distributed systems. You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language (Java, Go, C++) and at least basic knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Kafka, NoSQL & relational databases, Redis, etc.
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the backend stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your service and your clients.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of riders, your attention to detail leads to a delightful user experience.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?