Lead, EV Supply
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamOver the last few years, INSA Mobility has scaled cars, auto, and Moto businesses in more than 100 cities making Uber the go-to choice for people to move from point A to point B in APAC. We #GoGetIt and work through many niche problems - whether it's working for the safety of both riders and driver partners on the platform or improving the reliability of getting a ride, we always have our hands full with high-impact problems and projects. About The RoleElectrification for Uber India is at the forefront of the mobility strategy. We have a bold ambition to be 100% electric by 2040 globally, which will eventually require 1M+ EVs on Uber India and South Asia alone. Electrification Lead will help formulate and drive the electrification strategy for the region, adding 100K EVs across cars, auto, and moto categories by 2025 and owning the strategy for incentives, products, and partnerships. This is a key piece in our strategy, to help catalyze Uber's growth in the region. This is a unique opportunity, with a focus on building, managing, and scaling electric supply for the Uber platform in India and South Asia. This role is a core part of the InSA leadership team. S/he will have high visibility with senior leadership and a seat at the table for critical meetings and decisions. Your Impact in the Role
- Strategy: Work closely with the leadership team to co-create, align and iterate on the overall vision & strategy for the InSA electrification to meet our bold ambitions for a sustainable future
- Spend Planning: Design and continuously improve the EV investment strategy across 2W, 3W, and 4Ws in India and South Asia
- Growth & Governance: Scale and effectively manage 100K electric vehicles on the platform in the near term. Work closely with cross-functional groups across India, Global, and Central teams to align on our global electrification vision and identify business problems or opportunities
- Program / Project management: Support the growth of strategic bets that are being incubated or require strategic leadership and support across the region
- External Stakeholder management: Manage external relationships with key industry players and operationalize the partnerships, for example - Charge point operators, Fleets, Aggregators, Acquisition partners, Consultants, and other industry players
- Leadership stakeholder management (internal): Foster strong working relationships with leaders from cross-functional teams (Engineering, Corporate Development, Product, etc.) and help elevate InSA priorities on their agenda. Also, present quantified, data-driven recommendations with clear proposed next steps for any EV adoption initiatives in India
- 8+ years of robust work experience in strategy consulting or investment banking along with a deep passion for the EV industry in India
- 3+ years of experience leading a team - preferably encompassing both strategy and operations functions
- Powerful executive communication skills with experience in driving leadership communication - both verbally and in writing. Strong ability to build relationships, credibility, and influence with external third parties
- High tolerance for ambiguity with a natural reflex for reducing a complex business problem into well-structured tangible components
- Pareto thinking to balance strong attention to detail with swift execution - Balancing these can be challenging, and this should be a strength!
- Good to have experience in general management of a business unit/P&L with clear growth and or EBITDA results is a plus
- Uber credits: Receive credits for Rides plus a discount. Credits are refreshed monthly and expire at the end of the month if not used.
- Wellbeing reimbursement: Receive a well-being stipend for your physical and mental well-being, from gym memberships to fitness wearables.
- Executive Health Check: One-time annual Health Screening Service via Apollo 24/7
- Cell Phone Program: Employees can elect to receive a corporate cell phone or monthly phone allowance.
- Paid Parental Leave: Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (18 weeks full pay) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement).
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?