Software Engineer II - Backend
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
We're looking for passionate developers to join our Engineering teams, which are cross-functional groups in which Design, Data Science, Backend, Android and iOS engineers work collaboratively to design and build products for stakeholders including riders, drivers and eaters to simplify their experience journey as well as build products from scratch to help new users enhance their journey with Uber.At Uber, we take pride in offering the best quality service to our customers - you will collaborate closely with product managers and business operations teams to build for scale, yet focusing on providing intuitive and delightful customer experiences. What You'll Do
- Design and Implement foundational components for the Uber / Third Party interface which have direct impact on Uber's availability and Customer Experience.
- Constantly evolve the platform to identify bottlenecks in both runtime and development time aspects of the platform and improve them.
- Collaborate with multiple product and engineering teams, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform
- Work with Product, UX, and Design to build world-class APIs.
- Write quality code and documentation which can be used as the example for your company
- Help build consensus by being open to a variety of viewpoints and aid in bridging a gap in case of a disagreement
- Strong expertise of 2+years in a high-level programming language GoLang, Java, or C++
- Strong understanding of core computer science concepts
- Experience building large scale distributed systems that can handle large amounts of load
- Experience analysing a feature in production using analytics and metrics
- Experience efficiently collaborating on projects
- Experience in writing API specs and implementing them
- Experience working on building platforms used by other engineers.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?