Senior Communications Associate
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamThe Communications team decides what Uber in APAC should be talking about - and the best places to have that conversation. That means sit down interviews with leading media, social posts, industry conferences, internal channels - the more integrated the better. We talk about big, interesting things - the future of mobility and delivery, sustainability, work and more. And when issues arise, we help fix them. We are #OneUber, we talk to all parts of the business, bring people together and make sure our story is as strong as it can be. About The RoleYou will need to be a great storyteller of how people can go anywhere and get anything effortlessly on Uber in creative and inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and the public. Enjoy working with media, diverse teams within Uber and 3rd parties to showcase benefits of our products and opportunities for partnering with Uber. Your Impact in Role
- Develop and execute a drumbeat of consumer and product moments to build everyday use cases and differentiated experience with product innovation.
- Work collaboratively with other functions, including marketing and business team to amplify brand campaigns, partnerships, new product launches and other initiatives where required.
- Respond to journalists related to products and app experience.
- Strong media network.
- 7+ years of experience doing communications at a consumer tech, consumer goods company, including writing news releases, responding media inquiries, managing campaigns and events.
- Communicate clearly in Chinese and English, written and spoken.
- Experience doing comms in the mobility, delivery, e-commerce, consumer tech, or app-based industries.
- Multinational in-house comms experience.
- Self-starter: We want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things change fast at our global company, so you should be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- Team Player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Advocate: You enjoy distilling complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, narratives. You’ll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?