Techncial Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently. About The RoleThe Manager of Technical Accounting will support the global accounting organization to ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting over a variety of complex areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investments, variable interest entities, leases, equity, debt and derivatives. You have strong technical research skills, experience dealing with highly judgmental topics, excellent writing skills, and superb attentiveness to details. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Technical Accounting. What You'll Do
- Work with the business and others in the accounting organization to identify, resolve and document complex accounting issues and transactions.
- Critically and thoroughly analyze the accounting implications of non-recurring transactions and apply accounting rules and literature and exercise judgment in subjective areas to reach appropriate conclusions.
- Prepare or review accounting memos providing documentation of the Company's application of accounting principles to specific transactions
- Lead the evaluation and adoption of accounting standard updates, including drafting and maintaining relevant accounting policies.
- Partner and coordinate cross-functionally to understand business transactions and effectively communicate accounting issues with various departments throughout the company.
- Prepare or review journal entries for recording non-recurring transactions.
- Review and coordinate deliverables with auditors
- Assist in project managing M&A integrations, bridging accounting policies for acquired businesses, and performing procedures around opening balances of the target company
- Lead periodic trainings to members of the global accounting organization
- At least 5years of technical accounting experience, including 1 year of management experience.
- Big 4 experience and CPA certification or equivalent is required..
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to thrive in a changing environment and effectively lead projects collaboratively
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Problem-solving & analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Experience researching FASB Accounting Standards Codification and Big 4 interpretations
- Sophisticated understanding of GAAP
- Enterprise-level accounting software experience (Oracle R12 experience is a plus)
- Attention to detail and ability to execute in a complex environment
- Experience coordinating or reviewing valuation reports
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?