Social Media Associate
Marketing & Communications
New South Wales, Australia · Sydney, Australia
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts! About The TeamKeen to work with the best marketing & communication minds in the region on the biggest consumer opportunities? Look no further than Uber. We’ve come a long way over the last 10 years, from small beginnings launching Uber Black in Sydney, all the way through to launching the brilliant food delivery brand with Uber Eats from Taiwan to Tokyo. We #BuildWithHeart - everything we do is to surprise and delight our users. About The RoleThe Uber Global Social team is looking for a full time social media producer to lead social content creation and social handles management in your local market across Uber social channels. This is an incredible opportunity to work closely within Uber’s Global Social Team and our local Comms, Marketing, and other Uber teams to invigorate and grow Uber’s organic social footprint in your market, inserting and engaging Uber authentically into the local cultural conversation for brand lift. Your Impact In Role
- Create organic social original video, graphics, captions and copy for posts on the local market Twitter, Instagram, and any other channels Uber engages locally. Coordinate with other members of the social team on platform strategies, including video uploads to the Global Youtube channel.
- Work closely with the local and global Comms, Products, Marketing, Social Impact, and Policy Teams for ideation, creation, and coordinated content, product, and initiative rollouts.
- Consult to various Campaign Teams in developing social-forward content supporting their Integrated Marketing Campaigns and helping those campaigns to come to life on the organic handles.
- Run the local social media accounts, including publishing content and daily Community Management efforts.
- Strong content creation skills, with an ability to nimbly tell and promote stories in an engaging social-endemic manner.
- Experience in social media content creation and promotion.
- Professional-level experience with Canva, Adobe Premiere video editing, AfterEffects, and Photoshop. Final Cut experience is a plus. Ability to turn around edits quickly.
- A deep understanding or professional experience with social media platforms, including Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever is applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return-to-work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Starting a family is a magical journey - At the same time, it can be challenging and stressful. Employees are eligible to reimburse costs relating to infertility treatment, egg/sperm freezing, adoption and surrogacy up to a lifetime benefit limit.
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?