Senior Product Manager, Uber Data Platform
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
About The RoleOur data team's mission at Uber is to manage and analyze extraordinarily large volumes of data. Uber's business relies heavily on these rich data sets to gain deep insights and make real-time decisions. Our data platform ingests, stores, secures and provides data for analytical, machine learning, reporting and regulatory purposes. We also power critical applications like dynamic pricing, delivery estimates, fraud detection, maps creation, driver activation, among many others!As a product manager on this team, you will help define and own our data strategy while driving requirements and delivering products that power intelligence. You will build systems that enable end-to-end data governance and observability as well as workflow pipelines that take data from event emissions injections all the way through BI applications. Expect to collaborate with world class product and engineering teams, technical program managers, data scientists and designers. You will work with nearly every aspect from fraud to finance and from maps to marketplace. We are changing course of data at Uber and creating a product suite that fuels and supports our unprecedented growth!What the Candidate Will Do
- Internalize and understand Uber's mission and strategy in order to lead the vision, roadmap, and execution of our global data platform.
- Gather requirements, identify user struggles and opportunities, and make key prioritization decisions while defining product requirements and driving execution with partner teams.
- Make trade-off decisions based on technical and business insights while successfully managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and measure launched products, feed insights back into the product development process, set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals (OKR’s, KPI and measurements).
- Communicate product plans, progress, and results to a wide range of audiences, including customer teams, executives, as well as external data engineering and open-source communities.
- Lead by example and be exceptionally data-driven, to ensure efficient and productive working relationships while setting a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively.
- Computer science degree or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as a product manager delivering successful data infrastructure products.
- Ability to thrive in cross-functional environments, persevere through tough product issues and work backward from the needs of your customers in order to build solutions that scale. platforms at scale.
- Deep understanding of data management, governance, observability, warehousing, business intelligence technologies and SQL queries.
- Ability to articulate an understanding of the user experience and struggles, and are motivated to mitigate any user friction.
- Experience defining objectives with a high attention to detail and decision-making ability.
- Strong communication skills and ability to push toward clarity while leading multiple contending priorities.
- Familiarity with data technologies, warehousing solutions and memory databases (for example: HDFS, Hive, Kafka, Presto, Docker, Mesos).
- Experience building large-scale data platform products using GCP, AWS, Azure, or Databricks while applying data governance industry trends.
- Strong technical data background and comfortability discussing deep technical topics with engineering teams and platform users.
- Instinctive humility and willingness to problem-solve, take the lead and have a great sense of what doing ‘the right thing’ requires.
- Excitement to share our message and dedication to win users trust in the industry.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?