Senior Intercompany Accountant
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently. About The RoleWe are looking for a Senior Accountant on the Global Intercompany Team, to be part of the team that is essential to the company's month-end close process and SOX Compliance. In this exciting role, you will improve efficiency of close processes through automation and outsourcing as well as work cross-functionally with Finance Engineering to develop and improve Uber's internal systems. We expect this individual to act as a cross-functional business partner in the on-shoring and structuring of new legal entities. This role requires an individual with an analytical mentality, shown understanding of inter-company accounting and multiple entity structuring.If a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment excites you, this could be an excellent opportunity for you! What You'll Do
- Actively involved in the monthly close process including preparation of reports, flux analysis, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare & review intercompany journal entries in accordance with transfer pricing regulations to ensure timely monthly, quarterly and yearly-end close.
- FX analysis and clearing for various intercompany transactions, settlements, payments and collections on behalf.
- Responsible for global monthly intercompany balances for 250+ entities, netting process, 3 partite settlement for IC loans and follow up on related queries.
- Solving elimination issues and reviewing automated intercompany entries coming from various systems to ensure smooth consolidation process.
- Setting up complex transfer pricing calculations in iCAN (Intercompany Accounting and Netting in house tool).
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logic or improvements, new revenue standards, and support new product launches.
- Coordinate review of intercompany agreements with Regional Tax, Legal and Compliance Teams and maintain intercompany relationships in advanced global intercompany system.
- Act as business partner with the Tax Team on on-shoring entities and changes in the tax structure leading process improvements and efficiencies relevant to intercompany processes.
- Improve existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls, and be involved in critical ad-hoc analysis and projects.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners including finance, engineering, internal audit on a variety of projects.
- Lead "offshore" outsourced GBS/accounting support teams where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ year of professional experience in accounting.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working experience knowledge of accounting practices related to intercompany/transfer pricing, consolidation, business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- A strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts (US GAAP), FX and elimination process, principles and tax and reporting processes and requirements in an international environment.
- Individual should work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to team members.
- Oracle R12, AGIS (Advanced Global Intercompany System), HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) experience is a plus.
- Possess excellent analytical skills (MS Excel and SQL).
- Good eye for details and possess excellent analytical skills (MS Excel).