Sr Staff Engineer - Backend
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
About The RoleRider Growth is a new and emerging line of business in Uber with the mission to help increase the rate of customer acquisition, decrease rate of customer retention, and increase revenue by a) optimising existing products andb) building new productsWe're looking for passionate Backend developers to join Rider Growth team, a cross-functional group in which Design, Data Science, Backend, Android and iOS engineers work collaboratively to design and build products for riders to simplify their booking journey as well as build products from scratch to help new users complete their booking journey via other mediums such as WhatsApp and Phone call.At Uber, we take pride in offering the best quality service to our customers - you will collaborate closely with product managers and business operations teams to build for scale, yet focusing on providing intuitive and delightful customer experiences. What The Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Work through development sprints to build products and features
- Provide tech leadership in the team for backend engineering (micro-services, messaging, storage etc); create and review technical designs in the Vehicles/Earners space
- Collaborate with all stakeholders in engineering, product, operations and other involved orgs
- Help improve and establish good engineering practices and disciple in the team
- Interface and work with Principal engineers in cross team engagements
- 15+ years of overall experience with a track record as a senior/staff software engineer
- Strong experience in software design and architecture.
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy standard methodologies in delivering world class software and services.
- Experience in technical collaboration with other engineers and product managers
- Passion about your team's mission and the self-starting personality to make things happen.
- Proven development experience and proficiency in distributed systems and micro services.
- Proven programming skills in Go, Java, Python, or similar.
- Adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- Excited to learn from and guide others and are passionate about creating tools, products and providing support for other junior engineers
- Experience in developing a large scale consumer internet platform/product
- Worked in an environment of collaboration across geographies
- Has mentored and guided engineers on technical implementations
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?