Senior Merchant Marketing and Operations Manager - Uber Eats
Marketing & Communications, Operations
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamSince launching in Japan in 2016, Uber Eats has become deeply rooted in the local food culture, both shaping and celebrating it, and helping small and large businesses connect with customers 2022 brings a new chapter of the Delivery story. #GoGetIt embodies the attitude and mindset of Delivery at Uber. Our vision is to 'deliver anything, to anyone, at anytime' and our goal is to make Uber a daily essential in people's life. About The RoleThe Japan Uber Eats Customer Growth team launches and scales growth levers, products, advances key growth bets, and optimizes the journeys of our customers. We are passionate about delivering a world-class experience to customers and contributing to the top-and bottom-line growth of Uber Eats.This role will focus on growth opportunities and customer success, driving active users, order frequency, and customer lifetime value. You are both highly operational and entrepreneurial, with a strong eye for business, a hands-on approach, and motivated by building the future of delivery.This is a critical role as it interfaces between Uber Eats users and restaurant partners to cultivate the Uber Eats brand and build demand for the service.Success in this role will require being a confident self-starter, applying a data-driven lens to solving challenges in that space, and driving to fast execution. Our organizational model is centered on commercial teams having a deep cross-functional partnership with product management and technical teammates, and so strong collaboration skills are essential. Your Impact in Role
- Work hand-in-hand with cross-functional stakeholders to take key growth levers to the next level: Including Restaurant Co-Marketing, Large scale marketing campaigns, Customer Engagement & Retention tactics, New Verticals (Grocery, Alcohol, Convenience) and Membership.
- Be accountable for the business results and metrics against strategic initiatives and define creative ways to over-deliver vs targets.
- Take our restaurant co-marketing strategy to the next level. We’ve seen rocketship growth to date, but there are still plenty of people in all of our markets that have yet to try Uber Eats. You’ll identify the segments that represent an opportunity, define co-marketing campaigns with key restaurant partners to help unlock growth for both restaurants, and for Uber Eats - while delighting our customers.
- Continue to strengthen and drive customer engagement and customer value. You will use advanced methods to segment customers, understand the right way to engage at the right time with the right offer, discover how to change behavior and help customers find new ways to benefit from using our app, and ensure they have a great experience throughout their journey.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience working with large datasets and using statistics & modeling and analytical methods to analyze these datasets. You just get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions and drive growth, and have a deep understanding of experimentation
- Strong, project management skill & ability to drive projects to completion in a timely manner
- Strong problem solving skills (ability to think proactively to understand, break down, and define sophisticated problems, including the approach and the expected outcome)
- Experience in experiment design and A/B tests.
- Great stakeholder management skills in both English & Japanese contexts.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?