Credit & Collections Global Process Owner (GPO) Lead
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2023
In Finance Operations, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. We provide end-to-end assistance to support Uber globally across procure to pay; strategic sourcing, logistics, and supply chain; contingent workforce; B2B order to cash; payroll; travel, expense, and business visas; intelligent automation; and F&A shared services. About The RoleThe position reports to the Head of the OTC Global Process Owners (GPO) Department, as Credit & Collections GPO, and is a core member of the GPO Module Leadership Team, within the broader Order to Cash Organization at Uber, a component of the broader Finance Operations Group.The Credit & Collections GPO Lead is accountable for Credit & Collections related Process optimization and implementation globally, Policies definitions and updates, Compliance enforcement and evangelism, technology adequacy, and trending analysis. What You''ll Do
- Manage a diverse, local & virtual team of Credit & Collections specialized GPOs, help them drive optimal process design, Policies adequacies, Compliance enforcement, and up-to-date technology solutions.
- Set the roadmap for the Credit & Collections GPO team, define an annual operational critical path aligned with the broader GPO & OTC Organization, and target to exceed annual efficiency & effectiveness targets.
- Responsible for process control design in the Credit & Collections area, and SOX compliance.
- Partner with Fellow OTC GPO Technology to consider & test platforms/tools and system enhancements.
- Take a data-driven approach to recommend solutions to improve process effectiveness.
- Own and drive process excellence measurements associated with the Credit & Collections space.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with outsourcers and external business partners with a focus on driving efficiencies and improving levels of service.
- Support the Revenue Accounting to design process controls and lead all aspects of testing and remediation in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Manage a variety of cross-functional projects Credit & Collections related that drive operational efficiencies and enhance reporting and analysis for improved decision-making.
- Maintain & document relevant policies and procedures.
- 10+ years of international Credit & Collections Operational and/or Process experience, in multifaceted, complex, matrixial environments.
- Significative experience working cross-functionally with partners and team members across functions and geographies. Solid track collaboration track record with IT and engineering teams an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, and evidenced ability to communicate with varied audiences in making the complex simple. Proven track record in consulting and influencing internal business clients, external customers, and a wide range of external service providers, including Business Process Outsourced (BPO).
- Change Agent: Ability to inspire change and improve end-to-end processes with a strong, proven track record in business process re-engineering and systems analysis. Demonstrate strong influential collaboration skills with leadership in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Compelling leadership capabilities evidenced by the ability to gain the trust of partners, negotiate with, influence, and motivate a diverse group of team members of varying levels.
- Senior end-to-end Project management experience coupled with world-class expertise in both Credit & Collections.
- Formal Agile and/or Six Sigma certifications are an advantage.
- Strong quantitative skills and extended experience in data analytics, with a problem-solving approach.
- Strong understanding of internal controls, including Sarbanes Oxley compliance.